Bubu Appealing

cy4prez7

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2010
Des Moines
Per Travis Hines

@TravisHines212m
Bubu Palo tells The Tribune he is appealing ISU president Steven Leath's decision to remove him from the men's basketball team. Story coming

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
Wow.......if he should win and get re-instated, I wonder how CFH would handle that. Would he get much playing time?

That's what I'm wondering. It seems like Monte has been playing really well during practice but he's still just a freshman. It would be interesting, I'm sure Fred would love another guard though.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Only thing that sucks is he'd have to wait ANOTHER half semester probably to play (conditioning and all that hoopla)

Good for him though. I'm pretty familiar with the story and have heard from both sides. Bubu should be playing on the team, he's just been screwed over twice.

CyCy

Nov 7, 2006
Appealing to who? Is it the Board Of Regents? If so, has the BOR ever reversed a University President's ruling in anything similar to this....I'm guessing no.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I wish we could hear details. It continues to puzzle me how this isnt completely dropped after the accuser's credibility should be completely shot after having been shown to have fabricated evidence.

Balls

Mar 23, 2006
Iowa
Good for Bubu, hope he's successful. The girl should be charged with a crime as Bubu is clearly a victim. His image and potential future earnings have been negatively impacted. She should be held accountable.

Reactions: CyDude16

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
Only thing that sucks is he'd have to wait ANOTHER half semester probably to play (conditioning and all that hoopla)

Good for him though. I'm pretty familiar with the story and have heard from both sides. Bubu should be playing on the team, he's just been screwed over twice.

From what I understand he was the one doing the original screwing

Reactions: Angie

casey1973

Apr 20, 2012
Ames
I hope he appealed as soon as he got the news that he was dismissed and we're just now finding out. Wouldn't make much sense to do it now with basketball season around the corner unless the Board of Regents will issue a quick ruling on it.

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
So... no one is going to make a joke about the OP thinking Bubu is appealing? Ok, I guess if it's not a joke about coupons or Rhoads running out of gas, no one goes for the low-hanging fruit around here.

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
I hope the truth comes out and who ever is the real victim is vindicated, but I also hope that this doesn't prove to be a distraction for the program.

(that might have come off callous.)

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
If Bubu doesn't get reinstated I wouldn't be too shocked to see Bubu take legal action against the female for falsely accusing him of something that was fabricated.

Defamation of character comes to mind.

Help Support Us

Become a patron