Our cyclones didn't give up , so I refuse to give up on them.

berther48

Jul 10, 2009
Sioux City, Iowa
Our cyclones didn't give up , so I refuse to give up on them.
Accentuate the positive, correct the mistakes and get better and get after the next opponent.
All the negative crap won't produce any positive results.
A lot of you are a bunch of loud losers who have never put up , but won't shut up.
Cyclone today and always.

mustangcy

Apr 11, 2006
Bloomfield
I can't remember taking a loss so well than today's...this team is getting better every game. Plenty of positives out there considering how banged up we are.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
I'll never give up on Cyclone players, ever. Hell, I went to every game in the 90s, that says a lot.

Coaches is another thing though. This offense is so bad is dumb. And it's not all the players fault. It's an offensive staff that refuses to adapt to what's given to them.

I just have this feeling every time I watch ISU games that Messingham is using it as a resume video to show future ADs that he stuck to his guns and with the right players, this is bound to work. No other excuse for running the same play over and over with bad results. The only other option is he's insane. Either way, he's got to go. We've got to find an offense that works with the players we have, not what Mess thinks we should be doing.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
I wish some fans would show the resiliency that this team does, and not turn into a bunch of freaking out schoolgirls. Heck yes, there's a lot to fix. In the business world, there's a theory. Every problem is a management problem....there were execution problems and scheme problems on the offensive side, but it all goes back to coaching. But it's all fixable. This team has talent.

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
I wish some fans would show the resiliency that this team does, and not turn into a bunch of freaking out schoolgirls. Heck yes, there's a lot to fix. In the business world, there's a theory. Every problem is a management problem....there were execution problems and scheme problems on the offensive side, but it all goes back to coaching. But it's all fixable. This team has talent.

Amen, we are all remembering 07 and 08. This IS NOT 07 or 08. No team is beating us 56-3 this year. This ream is hit any type of ceiling.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
There is no reason to give up. Loyal Son Forever True. Nor will I, nor should you, give up. This is a young team that's getting better. But not every week will look like it, and not the entire team at the same time. Both of the teams on the field are better than they looked. Fans are mad because they care! That's good! Because the opposite of love is not hate; it's indifference. So I'm ok with fans being mad; it means they care. We beat UT. UT soundly handled OU. If we can fix some of these offensive woes we've got a shot at some W's through the rest of the season.

Istate

Jul 15, 2008
I can't remember taking a loss so well than today's...this team is getting better every game. Plenty of positives out there considering how banged up we are.

I'm certainly not giving up on the future of the program; however, I find no more harm in those that have expressed their disappointment with year 5 of CPR than those that continue to trot out the crap line of "we're getting better every game." How on earth do you say we got better today when we gave up almost 700 yards of offense, had little consistency with our offense, and stayed in the game almost completely due to TT mistakes?

That's not getting better. That's ignoring reality.

berther48

Jul 10, 2009
Sioux City, Iowa
The yardage is not the problem.
They had 666 yds, we had 311 yds and 7 less points.
They had 355 more yds and what does that prove , they moved the ball better but didn't turn it into points.
Our defense gave up the 666 yds, so why do you yell at the offense.
The 3rd game in a row we had the interception in our hands and let the offense pull it away.
A lot of missed tackles in the open, not much pressure on their Qb.
Yet there we were with all our imperfections with the onside kick in our hands .....then fumbled away.
I know my family and I were cheering when we scored and stayed close, yet screamed when we screwed up.
Yet we never felt we were out of the game till the failed onside kick, with 2 minutes to go.
Going to be a hard game next week, the boys need support and encouragement, they have to play the game and the least we can do is hang in there with them.

CyStalker

Jul 16, 2012
Ankeny
This team is very young and we are very beat up right now. It's hard to have consistency in practice when we are constantly having player changes due to injury. I believe we took a bit of a "hit" in recruiting when the whole realignment crap was happening and I believe that we are seeing that a bit now....that's why so many young players are getting huge minutes. They may be not as strong yet and make mistakes because they are leaning, but the experience and time that some of these guys are getting (Knott, Tibune, etc) will pay off ten fold in the years to come. Thank you berther48 for a positive post. I get sick of all the negative crap!!

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Not giving up on the team, but I am really disappointed in how unprepared this team was at the beginning of the year. TT is a pretty good team, and they showed it on the field. ISU let games against far worse teams get away earlier in the season, and a lot of that goes on the coaches. Somehow the Clones need to find ways to win games now. Winning 1 or 2 games is going to hurt the future on this program.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
They had 355 more yds and what does that prove , they moved the ball better but didn't turn it into points.
The 3rd game in a row we had the interception in our hands and let the offense pull it away.
Yet there we were with all our imperfections with the onside kick in our hands .....then fumbled away.
I know my family and I were cheering when we scored and stayed close, yet screamed when we screwed up.
Yet we never felt we were out of the game till the failed onside kick, with 2 minutes to go.
Going to be a hard game next week, the boys need support and encouragement, they have to play the game and the least we can do is hang in there with them.

The D didn't play all that well, but did enough to win. The reason the offense deserves so much blame is that because of our 3 and outs TTU had 17 possessions, which is 3-5 more than normal. Even teams that play fast and score in huge chunks like Oregon, Baylor and Mizzou had 12-14 possessions yesterday. Besides, our defensive style, which has been successful under Burnham gives up yards but minimizes points allowed. So flip that around - considering how many possessions ISU had, 311 yards is unbelievably pathetic.

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
I will be at every remaining game, but can't say the same about some of the people we go with. They have thrown in the towel I guess for this season. I guess rebuilding after 2 6-7 seasons is confusing for some. I won't give up but they have a decent argument. I told them I give Rhoads two more years.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
This team is playing beyond its experience and talent. I love the fact that we staying in these games until the end. With the problems we have, we also have a lot going for us.

Cyfan322

Mar 31, 2006
Ames
I agree wholeheartedly with the OP. This team is fun to watch and they will win some games before this season is over.

berther48

Jul 10, 2009
Sioux City, Iowa
I will be at every remaining game, but can't say the same about some of the people we go with. They have thrown in the towel I guess for this season. I guess rebuilding after 2 6-7 seasons is confusing for some. I won't give up but they have a decent argument. I told them I give Rhoads two more years.

Family and I will be at all home games, Rhoads can have all the time he wants.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville

Our offense actually scored 14 less points. Also, we had two real TD drives. The other two were set up by turnovers in really good field position. How many times did our defense give our offense a chance in the third quarter? We had, what, 7 straight 3 and outs? This offense has gotten no better. Just as I had thought, Tulsa and Texas just weren't very good defenses. It had nothing to do with our offense.

I'm sorry but when you get a return TD, a fumbled punt recovery and two other turnovers in good position while not turning the ball over once and lose, your offense is not very good.

cuphues

Aug 5, 2011
Dallas
I'll never give up on Cyclone players, ever. Hell, I went to every game in the 90s, that says a lot.

Coaches is another thing though. This offense is so bad is dumb. And it's not all the players fault. It's an offensive staff that refuses to adapt to what's given to them.

I just have this feeling every time I watch ISU games that Messingham is using it as a resume video to show future ADs that he stuck to his guns and with the right players, this is bound to work. No other excuse for running the same play over and over with bad results. The only other option is he's insane. Either way, he's got to go. We've got to find an offense that works with the players we have, not what Mess thinks we should be doing.

Dude.....this is not the fire Mess thread. Go post that crap in another thread. I for one am very encouraged by our team this year. I think the OP intended to create a forum here to speak positively about perseverance and encouragement. This team is not far off from turning the corner. I am very encouraged with this team. i still believe we are capable of winning 4 to 6 games. 4 much more likely than 6.

You have every right to speak your opinion, but let's keep at least one thread today positive! Plenty of others you can jump on to ***** elsewhere.

Go Cyclones!

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
The D didn't play all that well, but did enough to win. The reason the offense deserves so much blame is that because of our 3 and outs TTU had 17 possessions, which is 3-5 more than normal. Even teams that play fast and score in huge chunks like Oregon, Baylor and Mizzou had 12-14 possessions yesterday. Besides, our defensive style, which has been successful under Burnham gives up yards but minimizes points allowed. So flip that around - considering how many possessions ISU had, 311 yards is unbelievably pathetic.

Well you might as well talk about everything that contributed to the 17 possessions.
*If ISU hadn't scored in two plays after George's interception handing the ball right back to Tech with less than a minute run off the clock they probably would have had one fewer possession.
*If they hadn't scored on a KO return with less than ten seconds off the clock they probably would have had one fewer possession.
*If Tech hadn't gone 3 and out at least 4 times in the game they probably would have had two fewer possessions.
*If Tech hadn't thrown an interception on the first play of a drive they probably would have had one fewer possession.

Yes the 3 and outs were bad, but you can't just point to one stat without looking at everything that contributed to that stat.

Yes, 311 yards is pathetic even if you factor in the return TD taking away a possession.