TT's Mayfield just got injured

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
Hate to see a player for any team go down. I'd rather our program just focuses on winning a game right now. And putting themselves in a position where questionable officiating won't determine the outcome.

Last edited:

KingBling

Jul 7, 2013
Like I said in anither thread. Davis Webb is a legit QB, and will get very important reps in oractice, and hes had gametime this season, too.

He will be ready to go.

Although if Brewer isnt ready to back Webb up next week, and if Webb goes down, then Tech will be in serious trouble.

Tech right now is facing what OSU faced last season with their QB's.

Tech is the onky team in the conference that can legitimately go 3 deep at QB.

Agclone91

Feb 5, 2011
Ames
Tech has scored almost as many points since Mayfield went out, as they did when he was in. Their backup is pretty legit.

KingBling

Jul 7, 2013
Webb was an Elite 11 QB, and really just needs reps as the starter.

Now, it seems, he will get them.

Mayfield just makes better decisions, and thats why he was the starter, but Webb has everything else you would want in a QB.

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
I am very pleased with the progress of this team in the last couple weeks. But face reality, there is zero chance of a bowl.

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
Kansas would not even be ranked in FCS, worst team I can remember and the coaching is just laughable.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Does it matter who the QB for TTU is? This Mayfield kid would be #3 QB at best on this Iowa State team. He is a walk-on. Texas Tech is a system offense, you plug just about anyone in at QB, and they're gonna light it up. This Mayfield kid is living proof of it. It is also why none of their QB's last very long in the NFL...their weaknesses become exposed once they are out of the "system"

KingBling

Jul 7, 2013
It seems as if ISU's biggest problem against Tech will not who will be Tech's QB, but how much will ISU be able to move the ball against Tech.

Tech will score...how much will ISU on the road?

I would expect the line to be somewhere around Tech -20.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
It seems as if ISU's biggest problem against Tech will not who will be Tech's QB, but how much will ISU be able to move the ball against Tech.

20 points? I'll be surprised if it's more than 10.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA

You sound like a fan of a team who just whipped up on Kansas. I can't blame you, but you may need to reevaluate a bit. The line will be under 10. Texas was favored by 7.5 and we whipped them up and down the field. They needed a hail mary and 5 PI calls to only miss the cover by 6.5 points.

And ISU has played well against ranked teams on the road recently, see TCU last year and Texas Tech the year before.

CarolinaCy

Apr 18, 2008
20 points? I'll be surprised if it's more than 10.

An unbeaten, ranked team at home hosting a 1-3 team who lost to a FCS team..... sounds like a recipe for a pretty big line.

It also happens to sound like the recipe for a Paul Rhoads upset. I enjoyed that graphic Thurs night about only 4 teams that have beaten a ranked team on the road in each of the last 3 seasons (ISU, Bama, Oregon, tOSU?)

Help Support Us

Become a patron