PODCAST: Steve Deace joins me to break down Cy-Hawk week

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
If he was supposed to know the correct score god would have told it to him, it's just part of the plan.

CP44

Nov 27, 2006
I personally like Deace.

You just have to know that he is a Michigan man at heart (hes not afraid to say it, a lot).

He knows his stats/history, does he answer everything right? No.

I understand some hate him, I get it. If you dont like him dont listen.

I like CW mixing in different people in the podcasts. Adam, Austen, Blum and now Deace. Keeps it different I think each person brings something different.

We all crave more ISU news and content and then half of the people are complaining about Deace. Sheesh quitcherbitchin

Couldn't agree more.

ISUpadre

Aug 2, 2013
USA! USA!
You all just jelly of Deace.

images

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Then do some research before talking about it like you know. That's all I ask.

Wow butt hurt over Deace? He was recounting a story as he remembered while at a Michigan game.

GREAT Podcast. Besides the naysayers, Deace is one of the best local sports minds we have.

cyman05

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 7, 2010
Guess I don't get why so many people rag on him. Been away from Iowa for too long I guess to miss why.

Anyways, if you're going to give him grief on details like a score from 15 years ago, you got to give him props for other random details. I was at the 2003 ISU-Iowa game and all I remember was us getting hosed 40-21. He said ISU dominated the game in total yards and I didn't believe so I looked up the box score. He was right.

I thought it was a great podcast listen. I suppose if you hate Deace in the first place then don't listen to it.

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
What's the Deacer up to these days? Don't hear much about him and his old pardoner JM.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Deace is good at being confident in what he's saying. Even when he's completely wrong, which is a lot. I guess some people think that makes him a "good" sports mind.

CarlHungus

Feb 19, 2012
Ankeny
Deace is good at being confident in what he's saying. Even when he's completely wrong, which is a lot. I guess some people think that makes him a "good" sports mind.

He wasn't always right, but he was at least entertaining to listen to (as a sports personality). I wish he was still on in the mornings instead of the two guys that replaced him and miller

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Chris Williams said in the podcast and I thought he said the talent is better now then the 2005 team. I'm not sure about that. That 2005 team had a great defense. They had Leaders, Curvey, Berryman, Morehead on the D-line, Dobbins, Brown, Carper/Robertson at linebacker, Parris, Moser, Hicks, and Jackson as D-backs. That was a very good group. On offense they had Meyer, Blythe, Hicks, Flynn, and Kock (a GREAT short yardage back). I just do not see line backers like Brown, Dobbin and Robertson on this years team. There isn't any wideouts as good as Blythe, and that defensive line is vastly superior to this years D-line. I know this team is young but I don't think they have the raw talent that 2005 team had.