Ndamukong Suh

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Despite being a Viking's fan, I am not writing this as a fan bitter about the loss. The Lions outplayed them and were actually hosed out of touchdown (Calvin Johnson was jobbed)

However, I'm just tired of seeing Ndamukong Suh rack up injury after injury with illegal hits. A man with his athletic ability does not need to result in such repeated cheap shots. Yesterday's shot on Sullivan was just another on the list of really violent cheap shots. I'd love to see him get suspended for his play.

I'm not a big die-hard pro sports guy, so I guess I find it easier for me to say this, but I wouldn't want him on my team because I would have a hard time cheering for him. I remember when Albert Haynesworth became a free agent and some fellow Viking's fans were talking him up. All I could think was, "There is no way in hell that I can ever root for a guy like that." That cleating incident made me root for him to fail, and that is not in my character.

Suh is starting to drift towards that level with me. I'm interested to hear a Lion's fan's point of view on him. I know he does a ton of charity work, so don't pepper me with that argument please. I just want to know if you get tired of having to defend his actions to the point of you not wanting him on your team, or if the results on the field allow him a pass.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Ndamukong-Suh-low-block.gif

Completely uncalled for

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I don't know. Something just doesn't add up with this guy. If we're playing armchair shrink, I would guess he has an anger management problem that so far has only manifested on the football field.

At any rate, hes reached the point where if I was a GM I wouldn't want him on my team. The potential is there, but the results just don't outweigh the distractions at this point. On the other hand, the Lions have already sunk so much money into him that they're kind of stuck with him for better or worse.

PabloDiablo

Feb 10, 2011
Omaha, NE
Man if you think Lions fans are bad trying to defend, you should hear the husker half-wits doing it. Ridiculous.

casey1973

Apr 20, 2012
Ames
Never heard the extent of Sullivan's injury. I despise Suh, you can tell he has no remorse at all.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
I don't know. Something just doesn't add up with this guy. If we're playing armchair shrink, I would guess he has an anger management problem that so far has only manifested on the football field.

I'd guess that he's a guy that plays with a lot of hate and anger on the field and hasn't learned how to keep it under control. I've seen his "apologies" after the stomp and I think it's pretty obvious that he never thinks he's in the wrong.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011

"I don't think there was any attempt to injure or things like that," Schwartz said Monday. "It wasn't 40 yards behind the play. It wasn't hitting the guy from behind kind of thing like you've seen from other players recently, going low and hitting guys from behind."

I'm a little surprised his coach is claiming there wasn't anything wrong with it too.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I'm surprised that people are surprised about this.

He's a jerk, from a program full of jerks, coached by a jerk.

JBone84

Nov 30, 2006
Rochester, MN
"I don't think there was any attempt to injure or things like that," Schwartz said Monday. "It wasn't 40 yards behind the play. It wasn't hitting the guy from behind kind of thing like you've seen from other players recently, going low and hitting guys from behind."

I'm a little surprised his coach is claiming there wasn't anything wrong with it too.

His coach (Schwartz) is just as big of a ****head as Suh.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Not sure what the rules are in the NFL anymore, but I'd like to see a disciplinary action implemented in all sports: "If you injure a player during an illegal hit, you are out until that player can return." Again, not sure if that was an illegal play or not, but if it was, then that should be the suspension.

colbycheese

Jun 11, 2010
Kansas
twitter.com
Not sure what the rules are in the NFL anymore, but I'd like to see a disciplinary action implemented in all sports: "If you injure a player during an illegal hit, you are out until that player can return." Again, not sure if that was an illegal play or not, but if it was, then that should be the suspension.

I would be on board with that. Maybe with a max suspension of one full season or something though.