Next two games...

ISUonthemove

Jan 31, 2007
Altoona
are pretty darn important. I'm saying they are must wins now. Especially with Longar Longar out. If we can pick up those two, get a win in Colorada :eek:, and steal one somewhere that's not a bad season.

I think that would give us 16 wins? Respectable.

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
Scary to say, but now we have to start thinking about making a run for the NIT. Not sure we'll pull it off, but I would say that it would be a big boost if we could some how get into the field.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
NIT? No way, they only take 32 teams anymore. They would have to win at Colorado and at Mizzou, plus beat nebby, and steal one of the other 3 games. I just don't see that happening.

Last edited:

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
Like I said, it would take a run to make it. I don't see it happening either.... just my last bit of wishful thinking :(

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Now we have to start thinking about NIT? We should have been hoping NIT for the last 2 weeks.

The NIT didn't take anybody with less than 18 wins last year. We have 13 this year, with 7 regular season games remaining. We'll need to win every game we have a shot in for the rest of the year including probably one or two B12T games to even think NIT at this point.

I have a hard time seeing us beating OU even without Longar - Griffen really hits the boards and that's where we're weak.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
I can see ISU winning at CU, Missou, and beating Nebby if they play like they did for the first 30 minutes of the Texas game.

It's very do-able. The players just can't get down on themselves for losing to some of the best teams in the Big 12.

Really, the only bad loss was the Nebraska loss - and even that wasn't that bad.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I see us beating CU and Nebby. That's it. Mizzou is very good at home, and Hannah will probably be back by then.

It's depressing to think that, but I just don't see a whole lot of winnable games left. If we win those two games, that would put us at 15-16, and we'd probably have to win two in the B12T to even be thinking CBI. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think they take teams that are less than .500.

CSTV.com: #1 in College Sports

Last edited:

Oldgeezer

Mar 18, 2006
Waukon, Iowa
see us beating CU and Nebby. That's it. Mizzou is very good at home, and Hannah will probably be back by then.

If you follow MU sports at all, most comments and articles indicate Hannah is done for the season. Also, when he came back to campus from a week at home, he was arrested and charged with assult. Under the circumstances, I doubt if Coach A will isue a pass on that situation. Not that it matters, MU plays very well at home.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Hopefully the team doesn't suffer a letdown after a disappoiting loss yesterday. That is VERY possible.

I am very concerend about the Griffen boys (there are 2 of them) at OU. They are monsters and that game is away.

I said it after the KSU loss that at best I thought we'd win 2 more games. I'm sticking to that. I don't think we'll win at Colorado however either. Nebbie at home and then one other...perhaps at Tech.

Looking at 4-12 or 5-11 overall in the B12 (we were 6-10 last year). Which would put us at 14-17 or 15-16 overall (one of those wins against DII opponent that doesn't count against our overall as far as tournaments go...CBI or otherwise).

Really don't think this team is looking at postseason play in anyway.

Gonna have to wait until next year folks.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Our weak links need to play better because the main components are doing all they can alreaady. At the level we are playng, I expect to beat Nebraska and Colorado. We need more help to win more. We need either Craig or Wesley to hit 25 in a game to add to Jiri and Rashon.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
If we win at Colorado with this team when we have never been able to win there with very good NCAA tournament teams, I will be almost as shocked as I would be winning Powerball.

We tend to chalk that up as a win just like the Hawks always chalk up Northwestern as a win. Look at where that has gotten both of us.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
I still think we can beat CU. They are the lousiest that they have been in years.

Last edited:

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
We look better than last year although our competition in the Big 12 is now better.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Not comparing to last year...just saying overall this is not one of our better teams at ISU in MBBall.

There have been stellar ISU MBBall teams go to Colorado and lay eggs. It dates all the way back to the Hornacek years. We have never been good against them in Boulder.

CAN we win? Heck ya! WILL we? I give us about a 20% chance.

ISUonthemove

Jan 31, 2007
Altoona
No one thinks we have a shot against OU? I think we have a legitimate shot to win on the road there. Then hopefully pull off the wins at CU and home to nebby. Don't see us winning any others. MU is a slight chance with Hannah being out, but still not sure we can do it.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
We have a shot in the rest of the games, except KU and KSU. There were those saying we couldnt beat Colorado and MU the first time around.