Next two games...

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Not saying we will, but I think we can beat Oklahoma and Texas Tech, and Colorado for that matter, on the road.

We should be able to get the Huskers in Hilton, and I give us an outside chance of beating K-State at home too (if Missouri did it, so can we). I also think we can beat Missouri on the road (we did it last season), especially if Hannah is still out.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
We do? We have two walk ons playing major minutes right now. I don't really know if that is an accurate statement.

CycloneTony

Nov 3, 2007
Indianola
We have a chance against any team if we played defense like we did in 30 min. of regulation. That was the best the defensive preformance Ive seen from this team all year. If we can do that consistently the rest of the year 40 min we can be in any game.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
Just being a realist... IMO we will probably win one more big 12 game... maybe at most 2.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I still think we can beat CU. They are the lousiest that they have been in years.

Just keep in mind that really lousy CU team took out Oklahoma like they were ordering a pizza. I think it's really hard to say whether we're absolute favorites at CU or absolute dogs at OU. We could win them both as easily lose them both as equally as split them in either way. With this team I just don't know anymore. This is just the most "Jekyl & Hyde" ISU team I can ever remember cheering for.

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
I just hope we can get at least one of these road games this year, ideally starting at OU. I'm starting to sense the old "road monkey" climbing up this team's back, and it would be nice to get that knocked off this year, so we don't have to worry about it next year when we hope to win a few more games and make a little noise.

clonomaniac

Apr 12, 2006
St Louis, MO
I can see ISU winning at CU, Missou, and beating Nebby if they play like they did for the first 30 minutes of the Texas game.

It's very do-able. The players just can't get down on themselves for losing to some of the best teams in the Big 12.

Really, the only bad loss was the Nebraska loss - and even that wasn't that bad.

If GMac coaches the rest of the way (duh!), we are looking at another 15-16 season my friend. He can't just have the guys take 3's in OT. Hubalek was WIDE open right underneath the basket a few times in OT.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Not comparing to last year...just saying overall this is not one of our better teams at ISU in MBBall.

There have been stellar ISU MBBall teams go to Colorado and lay eggs. It dates all the way back to the Hornacek years. We have never been good against them in Boulder.

CAN we win? Heck ya! WILL we? I give us about a 20% chance.

I remember hearing Johnny Orr talk about their troubles playing in Boulder. Part of the problem was their poor attendance (like 2000 per game, at least back then), and it created kind of a dead atmosphere to play in. They didn't keep up their intensity very well in that environment.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I remember hearing Johnny Orr talk about their troubles playing in Boulder. Part of the problem was their poor attendance (like 2000 per game, at least back then), and it created kind of a dead atmosphere to play in. They didn't keep up their intensity very well in that environment.

I see not much has changed.