Oregon's new Football Facility

RedlineSi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Twin Cities
Badass, but that place will be dated terribly someday.

Although with the Nike money, they'll just build another.

cyhawkdmb

Jul 13, 2010
CB
ISU weight room >>> Oregons.

Oregon put there money into the floor of there weight room. It looks small compared to ISU's. at least in the pics I saw.

PabloDiablo

Feb 10, 2011
Omaha, NE
I know it's a little bit of a broken record type thing but I don't see anything about their weight room that is better than ours. Now coaches office and the player lounge stuff is a lot nicer and don't get me started on the barber!

Edit: what DMB said.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
f6f.gif

Reactions: State43

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Seriously, you would have to give me a pretty good reason not to go there. Our weight room is better though so suck that Oregon. Their training table looks pretty awesome though.

PabloDiablo

Feb 10, 2011
Omaha, NE
Seriously, you would have to give me a pretty good reason not to go there. Our weight room is better though so suck that Oregon. Their training table looks pretty awesome though.

I did like the "eat your enemies.... and the other food groups" sign.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Wow. Looking at that really makes me sad for the amount of money running through these college programs. I think ours was over the top but this and Alabama's is almost insulting in a way.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Why does everyone say our weight room is better? Because it technically has more machines? It looks about the same size as Oregon's. Oregon's has a 40 yard electronic track too and it looks slightly smaller because of all the dark colors. I'm not knocking our weight room because it is amazing but I would say it is on par with Oregon's not any worse or better.

cytown

Aug 8, 2012
Naperville, IL
Why does everyone say our weight room is better? Because it technically has more machines? It looks about the same size as Oregon's. Oregon's has a 40 yard electronic track too and it looks slightly smaller because of all the dark colors. I'm not knocking our weight room because it is amazing but I would say it is on par with Oregon's not any worse or better.
Ours is nice but is very average compared to the rest of BCS caliber programs. We will never keep up with the jones's no matter how hard we tried. But for our bottom of the b12 athletic budget and donor base, its nice to actually have something to show a recruit. Wasn't even close 10 years ago.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
I think the coaches "War Room" is what impresses me the most:

TKYMXCCPEQWDFTW.20130730211245.jpg

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville

Ours looks much bigger and more functional for Yancy.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Ours is nice but is very average compared to the rest of BCS caliber programs. We will never keep up with the jones's no matter how hard we tried. But for our bottom of the b12 athletic budget and donor base, its nice to actually have something to show a recruit. Wasn't even close 10 years ago.

It's kind of weird that actual recruits say different.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Yea I would say ours is in the upper tier of BCS programs. I personally like Oregon's more if I was non-biased. I of course love all the Cardinal and Gold in ours.

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011

wut

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Yea I would say ours is in the upper tier of BCS programs. I personally like Oregon's more if I was non-biased. I of course love all the Cardinal and Gold in ours.

Obviously I'm biased but I think ours looks like it's somewhere you go to get **** done and I think Oregon's looks like a really nice health club. The bells and whistles blow ours out of the water though. I do wish we could have sprung for some of that but I think Yancy called his shots and the rest of the budget was what it was.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Obviously I'm biased but I think ours looks like it's somewhere you go to get **** done and I think Oregon's looks like a really nice health club. The bells and whistles blow ours out of the water though. I do wish we could have sprung for some of that but I think Yancy called his shots and the rest of the budget was what it was.

Agree 100%

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
Honest question, how many BCS facilities have you seen?

mustangcy

Apr 11, 2006
Bloomfield

This is straight up false. We've heard from multiple recruits that our weight room and football complex more than holds its own. Seneca Wallace even said our weight room would be one of the top rooms in the NFL.

I love these threads because I love looking at stuff like this but the more I see the more I realize our football complex is right on par with the rest of the nations. Might not have ALL the bells and whistles (barber shop) but the type of recruits ISU needs will not care to much about barber shops.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron