We've been jinxed...

CLONECONES

Mar 15, 2012
RVA
anyone noticed lately on the last 2 games shown on ESPNU our record, both overall and conference, has been incorrect?

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
I think we might be lucky if we go 2-2 over the next four. This might be the hardest two weeks of the season coming up. Every game is winnable, but every game will be a battle as we play the top conference teams not named Kansas.

OSU at home is tough and we haven't won there since the 80's. Baylor is ahead of us in the standings, I think we win, but lets not take anything for granted. OU is no slouch, they beat Tech. KSU, we had a hard time beating at home, going to be tougher on the road.

fatkid1974

Apr 3, 2010
van down by the river
Really, talking about ratings tells you we will go 2-2. Does talking about power ratings tell you how far we are going to go in the NCAA if we make it?

It's a power I've gotten from watching ISU athletics for 30 years. When nobody is talking about the teams, things are going well. When ISU starts getting national attention we flame out. I honestly believe we could go 4-0 over this stretch, but history tells me we go 2-2. Hope I'm wrong.

cyguytillidie

Feb 9, 2010
Des Moines
Kinda nice that were not ranked for these next two games. Don't need Baylor and Okie State's athletic teams being more amped to play us. Also both seem to have a bunch of players who thrive for the spot light. Us not being ranked just makes us another game for them.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
I did notice that they claimed we lost the KSU game about 5 minutes in. They had us at 13-6, 3-3.

I saw that, too -- caught a glimpse just before they turned it off. I had to think a second to realize they had already updated it as a loss. (first microsecond was "geez, 13-6!" Oh wait...) ... .didn't catch did they have KSU's record updated as a win, too?

Next time they showed the records, it was correct.