McDonalds AA Nominees

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I wonder if Thomas has a real shot at this? I remember reading somewhere it was felt he had a chance.

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
In regards to the Iowa nominees......this kind of says it all doesn't it?

Travis Hines@TravisHines21 Vashawn Green of Ames, who played in three games, averaged 1.5 points and is no longer on the team, is a McDonald's All-American nominee.

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
In regards to the Iowa nominees......this kind of says it all doesn't it?

Travis Hines@TravisHines21 Vashawn Green of Ames, who played in three games, averaged 1.5 points and is no longer on the team, is a McDonald's All-American nominee.

I've played with him before. Horrible teamate, doesn't listen to coaches and he had some potential. About 6-4 and was pretty athletic he just never listened. This just shows basically everyone is a nominee. I'm pretty sure he wasn't on the team last year either. He always claimed to have a Chicago State offer but I highly doubt it.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I was thinking that next year I may create a fictitious high school basketball player, get a bunch of social media support for him, perhaps claim he is dying of leukemia and that being a McDonalds AA is his dying wish and see if the folks at McDonalds fall for the hoax.

Can anyone think of someone I could talk to for advice on pulling off such a hoax?

Last edited:

megamanxzero35

May 31, 2011
I was thinking that next year I may create a fictitious high school basketball player, get a bunch of social media support for him, perhaps claim he is dying of leukemia and that being a McDonalds AA is his dying wish and see if the folks at McDonalds fall for the hoax.

Can anyone think of someone I could talk to for advice on pulling off such a hoax?

Sports media.

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
If you a MAA Nominee you should be D1 Talent. That is all.

Agreed. Why not just select them from a list of players that has one requirement....you have to have either accepted a Division I offer, or have at least recieved some number of offers......say 5, or whatever?

Iowa has more nominees than either Texas or California. Also....Jadda Buckley, an ISU recruit, and the 33rd ranked player in next year's class by ESPN....did not make the Iowa cut, and she may actually have a chance to make the team.

It is kind of embarrassing for Iowa, but at least they do not appear to be alone. I would say Maryland, N. Carolina, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Oregon and Virginia may also have issues with their process.

Last edited:

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha

PM Cyber.

Help Support Us

Become a patron