Voices from Memphis: Bowl Game Edition

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
I would say that Iowa State greatly outnumbered Tulsa.

It was even better on TV. When kicking a FG/Extra point toward the side with the scoreboard, it was left side: Sea of Cardinal...right side: hey, nice bleachers!

Although...kinda ruined it that none of those shots were from our field goals or extra points.

Cycofan1

Jan 12, 2009
It was even better on TV. When kicking a FG/Extra point toward the side with the scoreboard, it was left side: Sea of Cardinal...right side: hey, nice bleachers!

Although...kinda ruined it that none of those shots were from our field goals or extra points.

Yeah those seats to the right filled in a couple minutes into the game. It was some younger guys who must not of been done tailgating at 2:30.

K

KFitzy87

Met 3 good lookingTulsa girls, they took a-liking to us midwestern guys...
Three-little-pigs-on-a-fa-001.jpg

??

cyguytillidie

Feb 9, 2010
Des Moines
Not a voice but while all the cars were trying to clear out of the GA parking lots two bone head cops decided it would be a good idea to try and go against the flow. They were able to go on the side walk for a good part of their trip but eventually encountered four full lanes and signs/light posts on the sidewalk. One of the cops tried driving into that (didn't get far) while the other hooked a right and went around. First cop eventually backed out and went around as well.
Dad was at a complete loss of words. Managed "That.... that is just a dumb cop"

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Anyone notice how many ambulance chasing attorney firm advertisements there were down there? TV ads, billboards, bus stop signs. It was unreal. Glad I don't live in a big city with all that nonsense.

Also, how many denture billboards there were in missouri. Must be all the meth mouth.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
I saw a church in Arkansas that said "Repent or Perish".

cowboycurtis

Jul 20, 2006
I saw an idiot decked out in full hawk gear at the game. He was even wearing those stupid black and yellow striped pants. I just shook my head.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Anyone see the car in the middle of the rough field in Arkansas on the way down?

Yes! I pointed it out to my wife and said "I bet there's a funny story behind that!". Also, they must have some really poorly drained soil down there. Guess they haven't tiled the hell out of everything down there.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Best part of the game was watching a girl puke in the student section, then 20 minutes later, seeing a different girl fall and land in said puke.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Anyone see the car in the middle of the rough field in Arkansas on the way down?

Yes! I pointed it out to my wife and said "I bet there's a funny story behind that!". Also, they must have some really poorly drained soil down there. Guess they haven't tiled the hell out of everything down there.

Pontiac Grand Am/Prix? I was the only one in our car of four that saw it. I said "That isn't good if that car is there." Husband might have caught it in the rearview, he thought there was a road. I didn't see a road.

nj829

Mar 18, 2006
Northwest Arkansas
that side of the state is filled with rice fields that are designed to flood. Looks wrong, but they do that on purpose.

stevefrench

Aug 7, 2011
Pontiac Grand Am/Prix? I was the only one in our car of four that saw it. I said "That isn't good if that car is there." Husband might have caught it in the rearview, he thought there was a road. I didn't see a road.

definitely wasn't a road there. just looked stuck in the mud. wasn't there on the way down on saturday

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron