Peter Jok

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
It is only one knee that he had a problem with. His knee is fine now but he is still working his way back because he was basically playing on one knee for the last two years.

If he would have had surgery when it first happened he would be all the way back by now.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Besides Marcus Paige I have been ok with the in-state kids signing somewhere else. Adam Woodbury is a Hawk homer, that is a fact and he is about to take a load of **** when it is apparent that it will take a couple of years to develop into a D-1 player from his beloved Hawk fans. Uthoff is a soft drama queen IMO. At 6'9" he wont ever be a down low presence. Gessell may turn out to be decent, not any better than a Jeff Horner. I can live with all of this. Especially when we are 2 players into our class and they happen to both be top 100 kids. Guess what we have more schollies and typically ballers like to play with other ballers so I bet there is a chance that we sign at least 1 more stud. Lazy unathletic Glen Worley types I dont want. In fact I wish Glen Worley could have infinite eligibility in IC. Loved playing against that kid. The word dog **** comes to mind when I think of him.

wow. seems like you have a lot of rage towards instate players, especially those that sign with Iowa.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
wow. seems like you have a lot of rage towards instate players, especially those that sign with Iowa.

His avatar is the Hawk coach. What would you expect? We don't get called little brother by accident.

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
Besides Marcus Paige I have been ok with the in-state kids signing somewhere else. Adam Woodbury is a Hawk homer, that is a fact and he is about to take a load of **** when it is apparent that it will take a couple of years to develop into a D-1 player from his beloved Hawk fans. Uthoff is a soft drama queen IMO. At 6'9" he wont ever be a down low presence. Gessell may turn out to be decent, not any better than a Jeff Horner. I can live with all of this. Especially when we are 2 players into our class and they happen to both be top 100 kids. Guess what we have more schollies and typically ballers like to play with other ballers so I bet there is a chance that we sign at least 1 more stud. Lazy unathletic Glen Worley types I dont want. In fact I wish Glen Worley could have infinite eligibility in IC. Loved playing against that kid. The word dog **** comes to mind when I think of him.

you loved playing against worley? he had his two best games of his entire career against us.

mattyice

Oct 15, 2011
Well lets not go overboard......i mean...i wouldnt recruit iowa very heavily either. With the exceptions of the no brainer guys like Raef, Hinrich, etc.......kids here just dont play nearly the competition other big states do. I think that was the point he was trying to make....TRYING.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Which is crap because they all play in the exact same AAU tournaments.

This. Iowa players play against plenty of great players.

Does anyone remember when a nationally ranked HS team played Ames? Ames destroyed them.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Take the best players you can get no matter where you can get them. I don't care if we don't get a single in state player as long as we are getting better guys from different states. If he has the high upside take a risk on him. We have more than enough scholarships available. If Freds trend continues, we are going to have the talent and depth where we can afford to take a few high reward risks. Not saying that is or isn't Jok, but if it is pull the trigger.

mikem

Jul 27, 2010

What is the point of this?

I mean, kids make decisions, if you want shady antics like Uthoffs, then by all means embrace it. Be a proud hawk fan.

But I choose to actually support Iowa State players. If kids from Iowa decide that big whatever basketball is for them, great.

But in essence, he was right. Other than Paige, and of course Barnes who was before Fred, none of those instate kids are real program changers.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Despite the whole "two best games of his career against ISU" thing, Worley was a stiff.

Rated top 50 no less.

So I guess the alternative was to enjoy the stiffness for 4 years so that the two games don't happen?

CyRyder

Jan 2, 2010
Norwalk, IA
I don't think Horner is the type of guy that'll steer his players to Iowa, just because he played there. He wants what's best for his guys. I know this, having talked pretty in depth with him. Having said that, if Iowa is a really good fit for a player, I doubt Horner would encourage a player to not go to Iowa.

Also, last I knew, Jok laughed at the idea of playing for Iowa. That was a little over a year ago so things could've changed, but I doubt it. A relative of mine is his good friends with him. I believe Creighton is recruiting him the hardest right now, FWIW.

CycloneJoe

Jan 12, 2009
Carson City
Its going to be tough to beat Iowa head to head when they have tons of IOWA kids and we have none. Its a rivalry to IOWA its another game to our players.

TigerCyJM

May 3, 2012
Polk County, IA
Jok looking really good so far this year. This might turn out to be a huge miss by Fred.

Sure, he scores a lot of points, which is good, but he shoots a ton, plays poor defense, hogs the ball, and is very reckless at some points. He's like Kale Abrahamson last year, of course you will score a bunch of points if you're the only show in town on your team. I would say he controls a majority of valley's possessions, and in the 3 games I've watched, he's gotten like ~5 boards per and not any assists as far as I could tell. I have been to like 3 of his games this year, as well.

vortex

Jan 30, 2010
Sure, he scores a lot of points, which is good, but he shoots a ton, plays poor defense, hogs the ball, and is very reckless at some points. He's like Kale Abrahamson last year, of course you will score a bunch of points if you're the only show in town on your team. I would say he controls a majority of valley's possessions, and in the 3 games I've watched, he's gotten like ~5 boards per and not any assists as far as I could tell. I have been to like 3 of his games this year, as well.
Wow I would have hated to have you critique my play in High school. The kid is a silky smoothe jump shooter who is 6'6" and can handle the ball. A ton of upside as far as I'm concerned.

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011

He should control their possessions. He's far and away the best player on the team. It isn't even close. You continue to claim he's only good because he shoots a lot yet his shooting percentages and efficiency numbers are very good.

This is the 2nd time you have ranted on him that I've seen. Sounds like you have something against the kid. Sad.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
Wow I would have hated to have you critique my play in High school. The kid is a silky smoothe jump shooter who is 6'6" and can handle the ball. A ton of upside as far as I'm concerned.

We have potentially the best shooter in the class already signed. I'll take him instead.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
We have potentially the best shooter in the class already signed. I'll take him instead.

Is there some kind of rule that allows only one good shooter to be recruited in one year? Seems to me that I'd want as many good shooters as I could get.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron