Peter Jok

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
We offered Morgan so I think Jok will get offered eventually as well.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
I know that Iowa still has interest in him for their one scholly. Does he have ties with them?

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines
We offered Morgan so I think Jok will get offered eventually as well.
Agreed. I think Jok would be a nice player to take a chance on.

I know that Iowa still has interest in him for their one scholly. Does he have ties with them?
His coach is Jeff Horner, but thats the only thing I can think of.....Also looks like Iowa is the only one that has an offer on the table according to his Rivals page.

Last edited:

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
He's a good enough ball player to take a chance on.

I've only seen the couple of videos but based on those and what I've heard it seems we could go a better direction, even with a reach scholly. 17 years old with knee problems and limited athleticism...has to be better options out there.

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines
I've only seen the couple of videos but based on those and what I've heard it seems we could go a better direction, even with a reach scholly. 17 years old with knee problems and limited athleticism...has to be better options out there.
I just feel like we should offer....Because our luck he will end up going to Iowa or UNI and tear it up if we don't.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Jok is one of those possible huge upside guys. If he get's his knees healthy, which is asking a lot, then he would have the possibility of being a steal. If he don't he might count against our scholly count for a few years. Either way we might take a chance. I would not be suprised either way and I would not blame the staff either way.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
I would love to see us get one of the good talents in this state. I love the recruits Fred is bringing in but if every good player in the state would rather play for the black and gold losers, it gets a bit embarrassing. I like jok, could be a good talent.

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
I would love to see us get one of the good talents in this state. I love the recruits Fred is bringing in but if every good player in the state would rather play for the black and gold losers, it gets a bit embarrassing. I like jok, could be a good talent.

It's only embarrassing when you lose to them. ISU will have no problems beating them.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
So people are saying hes not athletic and others are saying he has huge upside... which is it?

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
So people are saying hes not athletic and others are saying he has huge upside... which is it?

He doesn't appear to be highly athletic right now, but he's still not 100% recovered from his knee injury. If he ever gets back to where he can cut and move 100%, he would be a very good guard because his shot is very good.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
It seems like with the number of scholarships for that class we could end up taking a gamble or a flyer on somebody. Might as well be the local kid. I've got to believe that he's getting judged a little more harshly than another reach scholarship would be just because he is local and the fanbase is more aware of what his issues are.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls

Besides Marcus Paige I have been ok with the in-state kids signing somewhere else. Adam Woodbury is a Hawk homer, that is a fact and he is about to take a load of **** when it is apparent that it will take a couple of years to develop into a D-1 player from his beloved Hawk fans. Uthoff is a soft drama queen IMO. At 6'9" he wont ever be a down low presence. Gessell may turn out to be decent, not any better than a Jeff Horner. I can live with all of this. Especially when we are 2 players into our class and they happen to both be top 100 kids. Guess what we have more schollies and typically ballers like to play with other ballers so I bet there is a chance that we sign at least 1 more stud. Lazy unathletic Glen Worley types I dont want. In fact I wish Glen Worley could have infinite eligibility in IC. Loved playing against that kid. The word dog **** comes to mind when I think of him.

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
I feel for the kid. To have such serious injuries at a young age and have it dramatically affect your play has to be tough to deal with. Its one thing to have overly high expectations, but its not exactly fair that he has to try to keep up with those high expectations while injured.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron