How long would it take to build a new SEZ?

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Yes, another SEZ thread...
I was wondering how long it would take to build the SEZ? Is that something they could do in 1 off season, assuming they started right after the final game? Without knowing what the SEZ will consist of and how complicated it may be.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
I was wondering how long it would take to build the SEZ? Is that something they could do in 1 off season, assuming they started right after the final game? Without knowing what the SEZ will consist of and how complicated it may be.

So you expect them to start in winter? Never gonna happen.

jbclone10

Apr 11, 2008
Denver, CO

With the amount of threads that the SEZ has created, I am guessing 85% of CF would help for free. Taking that into consideration my guess is 3 months. It would be 2 months but the remaining 15% of CF that think the SEZ is a bad idea would protest and cause some delays. :rolleyes::twitcy:

CyArob

Apr 22, 2011
MN
No, I expect them to start in late fall. Waiting until December 21st would waste too many days.

I guess they could remove the stands and other items currently in the south endzone. But not much earthwork would happen immediately after the season ends.

dzmetcalf

Mar 3, 2010
Ames, IA
it could, just depends on how intense winter is, anything like last year and a lot of work could get done during winter

BooneCy

May 30, 2006
They would have to go to the Board of Regents for a vote to most likely get a loan for the money, because a 60 million donation would have to come into avoid a loan. So, let's pretend the vote already occurred.

They would probably start in the spring, and if they did an upper deck, they probably wouldn't finish by the start of the next season. But, that is just a guess.

Reactions: cyclonedave25

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
They would have to go to the Board of Regents for a vote to most likely get a loan for the money, because a 60 million donation would have to come into avoid a loan. So, let's pretend the vote already occurred.

They would probably start in the spring, and if they did an upper deck, they probably wouldn't finish by the start of the next season. But, that is just a guess.

Yeah this is the timetable I would expect. Remember that they were considering removing the old scoreboard because they thought it would allow them to cut down the time it took to bowl in the SEZ from 2 years to 1.

CY9008

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2010
West Des Moines, IA
Yeah this is the timetable I would expect. Remember that they were considering removing the old scoreboard because they thought it would allow them to cut down the time it took to bowl in the SEZ from 2 years to 1.

Ya I thought the plan was to move the old scoreboard to the new soccer/track complex... Is that not happening anymore? Has anybody been to the new complex?

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Ya I thought the plan was to move the old scoreboard to the new soccer/track complex... Is that not happening anymore? Has anybody been to the new complex?

I think they decided to leave it up because if they took it down the current SEZ would look too bare. I'm guessing they will eventually move it there when they officially start construction on the new SEZ.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I would guess they could start some work in the fall (such as pulling out the old video board), tear down of the south stands could happen immediately following the season (and with some work with the conference maybe we work to see that our home schedule ends earlier than this year, like it did last year), and maybe some early re-grading work, but most work would have to happen starting in spring i would imagine.

Someone with the construction knowledge would have to answer- could you get at least the lower bowl done from november to august? Otherwise you're losing a LOT of seats for a season.

Goothrey

May 5, 2009
Dayton via Austin
Probably two offseasons depending what else might go along with the structure. Lower bowl in the first year, upper deck in the second year.

CyArob

Apr 22, 2011
MN
If it's good weather, you could have a lower bowl done (or at least done enough that it is suitable for seating) in an offseason if you started in November IMO. Weather is the greatest variable when it comes to construction. As someone said earlier, if it was like last winter, you could make some solid progress, but if it's a normal Iowa winter, you won't see much of anything until early March.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron