Does Jack White have the pick of destiny at 3:15?

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I love all of Jack's side and solo projects, but White Stripes will always be my great love. That guy can wail on the guitar and has perfected the fuzzy-garage sound.

CLONECONES

Mar 15, 2012
RVA
I love all of Jack's side and solo projects, but White Stripes will always be my great love. That guy can wail on the guitar and has perfected the fuzzy-garage sound.

dead leaves and the dirty ground is one of my all time favs

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
The Raconteurs are the perfect distillation of what Jack White can do. We need more Raconteurs albums. I love the White Stripes and really like Blunderbuss, but the "Consolers of the Lonely" was one of the best albums of the past 10 yaers.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
dead leaves and the dirty ground is one of my all time favs

For some reason, "You're Pretty Good Looking (For a Girl)" has been on my playlist constantly for the last couple of weeks.

Hmm - not sure what my favorite song overall is. Maybe "We're Going to be Friends"? Their cover of "Jolene," or "Fell In Love with a Girl." But "Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground" is outstanding.

CLONECONES

Mar 15, 2012
RVA
angie, like you said in your OP... it's gotta be that couple kids in the garage using vintage, crappy instruments sound they have

i've seen his hands start bleeding from playing the guy is incredible

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
angie, like you said in your OP... it's gotta be that couple kids in the garage using vintage, crappy instruments sound they have

i've seen his hands start bleeding from playing the guy is incredible

I think that's it - he plays with total abandon (same way he sings). He just seems to surrender himself into whatever song he's playing.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron