If we DO get DFS, AND...

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
...Norvel Pelle qualifies and wants to be a Cyclone, what should Fred do?

(As long as we're speculating, I figured that we may as well be positive!)

IceCyIce

Aug 17, 2009
Grimes
Not even a remote chance. Fred already knows Pelle is not qualifying otherwise he would not given up the scholly on bubu

WhatchaGonnaDo

Jun 28, 2011
Not even a remote chance. Fred already knows Pelle is not qualifying otherwise he would not given up the scholly on bubu

False. He knew that the 2 schollies would not be for any combination of the 4:

Lockett
Uthoff
Pelle
and now Finney-Smith

So far, Lockett is out, and Uthoff and Pelle are more than likely out.

But yeah, basically Fred knew what he was doing.

Snyder21

Apr 25, 2012
Sioux City, IA
If it comes down to the point where DFS commits somewhere else and Pelle SOMEHOW qualifies and we still have a scholarship... I say screw it lets risk it and give it to Pelle. I mean if ya wanna win ya gotta take some risks.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Or cheat like everyone else and give him a scholly anyway. Seems to work great for Marquette

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
Can't renig on Bubu.

Sure you can, if you want to. If Pelle qualifies and wants to come here, I'm sure he could present it to Bubu in a palatable manner. As I've said before, Pelle is a game changer with his size athleticism, someone who could be the difference between going to the NCAA's vs. the NIT. At this point, you have to establish the program with consistent winning seasons and NCAA appearances.

BallSoHard4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2012
Ames
If it comes down to the point where DFS commits somewhere else and Pelle SOMEHOW qualifies and we still have a scholarship... I say screw it lets risk it and give it to Pelle. I mean if ya wanna win ya gotta take some risks.

He's not athletic enough to take the risk.

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
That's right. He's BAtman. Kill him. : )

"You wanna know how I got these scars?"

l.jpg

Man, The Dark Knight Rises can't get here soon enough -

dark-knight-rises-movie-image-tom-hardy-bane-hi-res-01.jpg

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
If you can land both, you pull Bubu's. He walked on knowing what he was getting into. You don't pass on a one and done type player who would be a huge asset to this team because you feel bad for a walk-on.

Now the situation more than likely wont arise so it doesn't matter. But I'd love it if we landed both.

BallSoHard4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2012
Ames
If you can land both, you pull Bubu's. He walked on knowing what he was getting into. You don't pass on a one and done type player who would be a huge asset to this team because you feel bad for a walk-on.

Now the situation more than likely wont arise so it doesn't matter. But I'd love it if we landed both.

I 100% disagree, expect for the fact that the situation won't happen.

We are not taking the scholarship away from Bubu, it will not happen, and I do not want it to happen. I'm not going to be selfish and take away free college from someone, when we promised him free college. If I would much rather pelle qualifies, goes to another college, and excels, then take away a scholarship from a true cyclone.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
This situation simply isn't going to happen, so this is a completely pointless argument.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I 100% disagree, expect for the fact that the situation won't happen.

We are not taking the scholarship away from Bubu, it will not happen, and I do not want it to happen. I'm not going to be selfish and take away free college from someone, when we promised him free college. If I would much rather pelle qualifies, goes to another college, and excels, then take away a scholarship from a true cyclone.

Agree. The toothpaste is already out of the tube regarding Bubu next year. If Fred wouldn't have already publicly said Bubu was getting one that would be another thing.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron