I've come around to the new uniform look..

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006
I was a huge supporter of the throwback uniforms, but have come around to really like the new one's the best. From the choices of:
-New look
-Throwbacks
-White Helmets proposed look
-red on red look
Which do others like. I think the school colors will look sharp and really give Iowa State a big time look. And with the new logo, even better. Other thoughts?

ISUclones33

Nov 26, 2006
Throwbacks for sure.. if you ask they players, they loved the throwbacks as well. and they will tell you that they didnt mind this years uniforms. Im sure the new ones will grow on them as well.

BuzzBuzzBuzz

Dec 1, 2007
AMES
Not completely sold on the red on red helmet, but like the new (old) look... I'm really excited to see it in person, but I think a yellow/gold helmet much like the throw-back game look would be really great.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
I love the throwbacks. The wife went out and got me one before they were all gone this past fall. I wish they would just go to that uniform for a few years.

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006
Throwbacks for sure.. if you ask they players, they loved the throwbacks as well. and they will tell you that they didnt mind this years uniforms. Im sure the new ones will grow on them as well.

I was surprised we didn't stick with the throwbacks after the Iowa win, anyone else? I guess I'm supersticious, but we played so much better I would have sent them to the laundry and kept them on until we lost, home and away.

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006
I love the throwbacks. The wife went out and got me one before they were all gone this past fall. I wish they would just go to that uniform for a few years.

I liked the throwbacks with the white top...not so sure about them with a red jersey. Anyone have a picture of those uniforms that year?

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
We gotta love the fact that they be actual cardinal and gold. I really love the throwbacks, im glad i get to look at one of them everyday in the office at home. I like the new ones, but would've liked a gold helmet.

Prone2Clone

Oct 20, 2006
Not completely sold on the red on red helmet, but like the new (old) look... I'm really excited to see it in person, but I think a yellow/gold helmet much like the throw-back game look would be really great.

I think it'll be OK. If we had a gold helmet, then "STATE" would be primarily gold on gold. The contrasting gold outline around the "I" is thicker than the contrasting cardinal outline around "STATE," so I think cardinal on cardinal was a better option. I liked the throwbacks, too, though. I was surprised how sweet they looked.

ISUclones33

Nov 26, 2006
ISU08gold.jpg

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Cardinal helmet was the best choice IMO. Now when we go on the road and wear white jerseys, I would have liked us to wear a cardinal helmet with the cardinal pants and a gold helment with the gold pants.

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I really like the new uniforms. I'd rather have gold helmets, but I like the new look.

DBQ Clone

Oct 4, 2007
Dubuque, IA
Plus, you never know, they may change things up on the fly. If they see problems with red on red, they may shift to gold helmets. Or if the "Big Cigars" want the change, you may see it happen.

I'm satisfied with the new look. You're never going to satisfy everyone.

But at least they nixed the blue on the field and unis and got rid of that Cy logo that dissovles into a blob at a distance. First rule of signage: Thou shalt be bold in design seen at a distance.

Why do you think road signs are so gigantic when you stand next to them?

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006
Plus, you never know, they may change things up on the fly. If they see problems with red on red, they may shift to gold helmets. Or if the "Big Cigars" want the change, you may see it happen.

I'm satisfied with the new look. You're never going to satisfy everyone.

But at least they nixed the blue on the field and unis and got rid of that Cy logo that dissovles into a blob at a distance. First rule of signage: Thou shalt be bold in design seen at a distance.

Why do you think road signs are so gigantic when you stand next to them?

I agree with everything you said. Only thing, from what I heard it WAS the big cigars that wanted red. The gold throwback was very popular with a lot of people.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
Wow... good timing for this thread

It has been like 2 weeks since our last uniform discussion. I was having withdrawls

DBQ Clone

Oct 4, 2007
Dubuque, IA
I agree with everything you said. Only thing, from what I heard it WAS the big cigars that wanted red. The gold throwback was very popular with a lot of people.

It wouldn't surprise me a bit. Folks with the purse strings carry a lot of weight.

I think the athletic dept. will keep it's options open. It's a good look and better than most looks we've had.

I hated those "Cyclone" helmets they had in the early 90s.