Shontrelle cleared for next year

nebCLONE

Oct 8, 2009
Omaha
Judging by his twitter account, we will have #25 running the ball for the Cyclones.

Not sure how to link to twitter...so here is what he said...

Crazy to think next time we walk in Jack ima be padded up...check check.."

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
That would make our deepest position even deeper. I wasn't even counting on him playing next year. Great news.

WhatchaGonnaDo

Jun 28, 2011
White did a great job filling in for him last year, but I get the vibe that he isn't much of a feature back. Shontrelle is. It'll be great to have him back. I hope he doesn't have any setbacks...he's one of my favorites

A-town Cy

Aug 4, 2006
Huxley
Hopefully true & not just him being optimistic. I feel like Rhoads would have let the media know this yesterday?

snowcraig2.0

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
I hope he never plays again for selfish reasons. The thought of seeing one of our own laying on the field not able to move is not pleasant to me.

ksclone2

Nov 28, 2009
Chicago, IL
Shontrelle, White, Horne, and West. Those are 4 guys who need a lot of touches this year. All very shifty and extremely difficult to tackle on the first attempt.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
White did a great job filling in for him last year, but I get the vibe that he isn't much of a feature back. Shontrelle is. It'll be great to have him back. I hope he doesn't have any setbacks...he's one of my favorites

I agree. I like White, but he's more of a change of pace back. I just think that he goes down too easily and isn't much of an inside runner. Shontrelle may not have White's speed, but he is a more complete back. Either way, assuming that he is playing, he's going to be a nice addition to the group.

HardcoreClone

Jul 28, 2006
I hope he never plays again for selfish reasons. The thought of seeing one of our own laying on the field not able to move is not pleasant to me.

Agreed. There should absolutely be no rush on this. And there is no way any player can be 100% free of a neck injury, let alone a guy who has already experienced one. And remember, Shontrelle still has a redshirt he can use. Maybe that full season off can benefit him and being extremely patient would pay off and allow for an eventual return?

Obviously a healthy Shontrelle would help this team, as he is an elite talent with the ball in his hands. Just not sure how much reward there is compared to the risks. Help win a couple more games and have a shot at the NFL? Or possibly never walk again?

This is why the doctors and CPR get paid top dollar.