Anthony Odunsi now available

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I think he saw that we had quite a bit of talent at the wing and decided to try his luck somewhere else.

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
Odunsi committed to McDermott, and before we added Jake Anderson, and the other transfers. He was concerned about playing time - that was the public reason anyway. Can't say that I blame him since when he committed, it appeared that he could get a lot of minutes, then all the transfers = no PT.

It was well after the fight w/ the Harrison twins, and he had already signed - I don't know for sure, but I would think if Fred didn't want him, and/ or didn't care for him fighting w/ the twins, he could have cut him loose sooner in the process. Just my take...

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
Odunsi committed to McDermott, and before we added Jake Anderson, and the other transfers. He was concerned about playing time - that was the public reason anyway. Can't say that I blame him since when he committed, it appeared that he could get a lot of minutes, then all the transfers = no PT.

It was well after the fight w/ the Harrison twins, and he had already signed - I don't know for sure, but I would think if Fred didn't want him, and/ or didn't care for him fighting w/ the twins, he could have cut him loose sooner in the process. Just my take...

Odunsi was Hoiberg's first commit. He committed to him

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Odunsi was Hoiberg's first commit. He committed to him

I think you are technically right, but it was right after he was hired, so I'm guessing that TJ/McDermott were in on him long before the coaching switch.

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
kids like odunsi might as well have a giant neon sign on their back saying TRANSFER RISK. they're not top100 players, yet they think they should be at a BCS school, so they choose a school that "appears" to have playing time. then they get there and find out that playing big minutes at any BCS school is not easy, they get frustrated, and they leave.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Not positive but if Odunsi would've stayed with us, would we have Percy Gibson? I thought him leaving opened up Gibson's scholarship, or maybe it was Cook.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron