Royce's Big Hands

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Did I hear Holly Rowe correctly during the UT game state Royce's hand dimensions measure 11-1/2 inches from base of the palm to tip of middle finger? Dang

And what did she say was the span - from thumb to pinky ??

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
Here's a video for you to watch:

Royce White's Hand - ktla.com

21br5gz.jpg

Last edited:

clone2011

Dec 11, 2007
Easier to play piano?

I've always had big hands and heard "you should play piano" all the time. It still annoys the crap out of me. Even as an adult people ask me if I played piano as a kid or if I can play something for them. Had a music teacher tell me in high school that I'd "never live up to my full potential if I didn't put my 'fantastic piano hands' to use". Not only was her telling me that weird, but it's the only thing she ever said to me as I wasn't in any fine arts classes and I doubt she even knew my name.

Guess what? I never played piano. Never had an interest in it. I'm doing alright these days.

/rant

cy4prez7

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2010
Des Moines
I've always had big hands and heard "you should play piano" all the time. It still annoys the crap out of me. Even as an adult people ask me if I played piano as a kid or if I can play something for them. Had a music teacher tell me in high school that I'd "never live up to my full potential if I didn't put my 'fantastic piano hands' to use". Not only was her telling me that weird, but it's the only thing she ever said to me as I wasn't in any fine arts classes and I doubt she even knew my name.

Guess what? I never played piano. Never had an interest in it. I'm doing alright these days.

/rant

The thing is though...Royce does play piano...quite often actually.

On another note, I shook Royce's hand at the hotel this week and my hand disappeared. It was like shaking hands with a pillow because not only did his hand engulf mine, but it was crazy soft too. They're just gigantic!

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I do think that would make it harder to shoot......try grabbing a smaller than normal ball, and shooting with it a while. It's harder to get a natural touch on it. With that said, I think his stroke is looking much better, and part of that is just believing he can do it.

cy4prez7

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2010
Des Moines
I do think that would make it harder to shoot......try grabbing a smaller than normal ball, and shooting with it a while. It's harder to get a natural touch on it. With that said, I think his stroke is looking much better, and part of that is just believing he can do it.

Yeah that's where the inconsistency in his misses comes. His form has gotten better but like you said it's so much harder to get a real touch on the smaller ball.

Turbo

Jan 10, 2011
Ames
I'm less than a quarter inch from being able to wrap my hand around a soda can, but I can't palm a basketball

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron