Durrell Givens Arrested

Doctor

Aug 19, 2011
How many Cyclone football players do drugs?

1. All of them
2. Most of them
3. Some of them
4. A few of them
5. Durrell Givens

If I was a betting man, I'd go with #2.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008

1. All of them
2. Most of them
3. Some of them
4. A few of them
5. Durrell Givens

well, you will have to define "drug" for us, sir. Alcohol, tylenol, cocaine?

Spam

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 21, 2008
No way! Durrell has his s*** together and he is a great student. This is just bad luck. Another reason to legalize weed. He does not deserve to be suspended.

A reason to legalize weed is that Durrell has his s*** together and he is a great student?

veryphil

Feb 24, 2012
Siracusa, ITA/Ames, IA
A reason to legalize weed is that Durrell has his s*** together and he is a great student?
Yes, that is exactly what I meant dips***. <that was sarcasm, since you are obviously not good at decoding meaning>
I'll translate for you Einstein: It's too bad that weed is illegal, because he had a small, recreational amount of the substance, and this charge will likely ruin his last year of school here.

digZ

Sep 2, 2011
Colorado

Useless arrests bloating the prison system/budget, and promoting illegal activities with smuggling, growing, and selling the stuff.

It was more of an example that lots of stand up and successful people smoke, or have smoked in the past. Something like weed (which is less dangerous to your health than alcohol and cigarettes, which are both legal in this country) shouldn't put a stain on otherwise exemplary record.

The war on drugs is all a big scam to further increase the prison complex and help the people profiting on prisons (hint, not we the taxpayer) to continue making money.

Last edited:

bringmagicback

Dec 3, 2009
CF Resident Dog Lover
If pot is illegalthen dont do it. If someday they legalize it, then you can do it. I dont see why this is so difficult for people. I say keep it illegal just so the general population doesnt have to deal with these people. I have never met someone that smokes weed that I can be around for more than 10 minutes w/out them annoynig the **** out of me.

veryphil

Feb 24, 2012
Siracusa, ITA/Ames, IA
If pot is illegalthen dont do it. If someday they legalize it, then you can do it. I dont see why this is so difficult for people. I say keep it illegal just so the general population doesnt have to deal with these people. I have never met someone that smokes weed that I can be around for more than 10 minutes w/out them annoynig the **** out of me.

I agree -- I hate being around potheads, especially since I do not smoke the stuff. But damn, Durrell is a good guy AND he plays for my favorite team, so I guess my opinion on the matter is a little skewed. If he was a NU guy I wouldn't care. I guess I'm just shocked and disappointed.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny

You can smoke weed and not be an annoying pothead hippee. My roomate in college basically smoked on a daily basis. He was a straight A student and on full scholarship. He might just be your boss by now.

Weed is illegal because it is so easy to grow that the government couldn't ever control it or tax the sale of it.

Madclone1

Oct 21, 2007
Useless arrests bloating the prison system/budget, and promoting illegal activities with smuggling, growing, and selling the stuff.

It was more of an example that lots of stand up and successful people smoke, or have smoked in the past. Something like weed (which is less dangerous to your health than alcohol and cigarettes, which are both legal in this country) shouldn't put a stain on otherwise exemplary record.

The war on drugs is all a big scam to further increase the prison complex and help the people profiting on prisons (hint, not we the taxpayer) to continue making money.

Right .. I am all for giving these idiots as many illegal drugs as we can on a desert island. Just airdrop MREs and a few jugs of water with cases of blow, MJ, and CM for them to fight over. This would then become a "self correcting" problem.

You are brainwashed.

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008
You can smoke weed and not be an annoying pothead hippee. My roomate in college basically smoked on a daily basis. He was a straight A student and on full scholarship. He might just be your boss by now.

Weed is illegal because it is so easy to grow that the government couldn't ever control it or tax the sale of it.

That and there isn't a test to tell how high someone is, like a breathalyzer.

Bigguns

Sep 22, 2008
No way! Durrell has his s*** together and he is a great student. This is just bad luck. Another reason to legalize weed. He does not deserve to be suspended.
If a person wants to smoke weed and risk getting caught that is their business, but if a person says I am going to give you an education worth an enormous amount of money for doing some thing you love to do, but one of the stipulations is don't use any drugs or you will be putting it all at risk and you use the drugs anyway, you have a problem and don't have your "**** together".

Reactions: PabloDiablo

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006

1. All of them
2. Most of them
3. Some of them
4. A few of them
5. Durrell Givens

I'd say #2 and that goes for all college kids... but who counts pot as a drug? This isn't the 30's. Well, I guess the cops do, but we they are constrained by the law, the rest of us can look at it rationally.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Right .. I am all for giving these idiots as many illegal drugs as we can on a desert island. Just airdrop MREs and a few jugs of water with cases of blow, MJ, and CM for them to fight over. This would then become a "self correcting" problem.

You are brainwashed.

Given the above paragraph, its clear that you are the one who is brainwashed. Though I do get a kick out of someone who actually envisions people fighting to death over a joint.