***Official OSU vs ISU Gameday Thread***

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Tonight marks the start of the schedule going in our favor. It also marks the first visit by the OSU athletic team that was directly affected by November's tragedy. My seat is in the parquet section behind the visiting team bench and I think tonight it is going to be emotional night because we all know Kurt and Miranda are gone, but tonight to see the OSU bench and not see those two on the sidelines will be tough. Maybe it's because ISU has a male coach in Bill, but one of my favorite Big 12 visiting coaches was Kurt and also Gary Blair. Loved the games when he would break out the bright orange blazer.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
The schedule is favorable, but not easy. Coaches thinks we could actually win EVERY single game on the schedule...but the team has to continue to battle and improve. Getting the confidence at home with some victories this week will be a critical step in that direction.

OSU is not an easy team to beat. This should give us pause if we think they will be a pushover.
They beat...Texas (at home)...Oklahoma (at home)...Mizzou (there)...and...ATM (at home). They will be dangerous and we can expect another Big 12 style game tonight. No easy ones this year!

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
We are also a team that is going to be a tough out as well. I think how tough our schedule has been will benefit us down the stretch. Also it appears that Hallie and Lauren have got their grooves back and if we can get that production to continue I like our chances.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
I will say ISU's missed shots look better than OSU's. A lot of shots just barely off the mark for ISU, yet they are up 15-13 and HC is shooting 2 after the break. 7:35 left in the half.

fccy

Dec 31, 2008
Forest City
Yes, but I don't know how often. There was a practice on a Sunday after a men's game (can't remember which one).

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
The pace has been so fast with so few fouls/turnovers that the officials just stopped play after a made basket for a media timeout. 1 minute left. 26-26.