Schroll Taking leave of absence.

basketballin

Jan 1, 2012
I think you're posting on the wrong site...here's the link: HawkeyeNation Forum
Seriously, you should have just stayed a lurker if you actually are who you say you are because you are extremely hypocritical calling somebody out for being over the top with your first 2 posts...

I don't have to post opinions for the last 5 years to see the difference in BF and his antics. I don't have an ax to grind and again-BF has done a tremendous job at ISU and for women's basketball in general, I just say maybe he needs a leave before he explodes and we all just remember the last incident of crazy, instead of the great he has done for the program. Best of luck to the girls this year and the years to follow if nothing is addressed. I never said fire the man, I just indicated there seems to be a problem that needs to be addressed. Maybe those closest to him are the ones that need to intervene, not administration. And FYI: If I have offended you BF lovers-well too bad. As a women's basketball supporter, I have every right to an opinion weather I post daily or once every few years.

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
I don't have to post opinions for the last 5 years to see the difference in BF and his antics. I don't have an ax to grind and again-BF has done a tremendous job at ISU and for women's basketball in general, I just say maybe he needs a leave before he explodes and we all just remember the last incident of crazy, instead of the great he has done for the program. Best of luck to the girls this year and the years to follow if nothing is addressed. I never said fire the man, I just indicated there seems to be a problem that needs to be addressed. Maybe those closest to him are the ones that need to intervene, not administration. And FYI: If I have offended you BF lovers-well too bad. As a women's basketball supporter, I have every right to an opinion weather I post daily or once every few years.

The opinions you are attempting to offer require at least some modicum of expertise, but with you using the word "crazy" so often I can tell you have absolutely no expertise whatsoever.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
Would anyone be going after a men's basketball coach, with BF's track record of success, if he made a player cry on the bench by yelling at them?

Seriously, people supporting their claims with the subjective bs of "he has evil in his eyes so it is a matter of time before he does something". Has anyone seen Coach K's eyes when he "verbally abuses" his players- Coach K needs to be locked up ASAP- with a look like that you are bound to kill someone sooner or later.

Reactions: tigershoops31

tigershoops31

Apr 13, 2006
Ames

So what is your relation to Schroll? You say you've been following ISU WBB for 5 years (about right for the time she would have started getting recruited) and sign up for an account to flame away immediately after she takes a leave of absence...seems a lot like an angry family member to me :wideeyed:

And if you truly don't have an axe to grind you have a strange way of showing it...

IceCyIce

Aug 17, 2009
Grimes
I just looked at this thread and only read the last page. Isn't this what were asking out of our mens coach?

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
If you are a winning coach at ISU, you can do anything you want and the Cyclone fan base will defend you above the President, the AD and anybody who questions the Coach's behavior.

+ scream at your players "you Stoopid MF'ers"

+ make the team & asst. coaches fly home while you drive back to Ames hitting all the strip clubs on 6th Ave Austin.

+ tell your boss you can't travel with the team because you have a neurotic fear of flying

+ kick a player off the team because he's giggling & smiling.... in the locker room...half-time... when the team is behind.

+ Make the star player get off the bus and run wind sprints in the parking lot, with teammates watching, because you think he has a "prima donna' attitude......while you get in your custom pimped out RV and drive back to Ames.

basketballin

Jan 1, 2012
So what is your relation to Schroll? You say you've been following ISU WBB for 5 years (about right for the time she would have started getting recruited) and sign up for an account to flame away immediately after she takes a leave of absence...seems a lot like an angry family member to me :wideeyed:

And if you truly don't have an axe to grind you have a strange way of showing it...

Really? Really? How perceptive of you. So even if I was a family member or friend of Schroll, I can't express an opinion??? WTF?? YOU are either a family member or friend of BF that is clear as a bell! I am done engaging in this ridiculous-obviously-BF friendly forum. I hope Jess walks and keeps on walking. NO ONE deserves treatment like that and am pretty sure this is not the first or the last bad behavior incident BF will be a part of.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Would anyone be going after a men's basketball coach, with BF's track record of success, if he made a player cry on the bench by yelling at them?

Seriously, people supporting their claims with the subjective bs of "he has evil in his eyes so it is a matter of time before he does something". Has anyone seen Coach K's eyes when he "verbally abuses" his players- Coach K needs to be locked up ASAP- with a look like that you are bound to kill someone sooner or later.

Are you a BF relative ?

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
"We are first and foremost an educational institution that values integrity, honesty and treating others with fairness and respect".

-ISU President Gregory Geoffroy; circa May 2003.

We actually fire coaches who don't otherwise............

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I've yet to see an explanation of what happened, anyone care to elaborate a bit?

everyyard

Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
I really think it is best for family/friends of current players to stay away from the message boards. They are taking on a very small subset of our fanbase that is protected by anominity. Nothing but hard feelings can come from it. Its hard to win a message board and also hard to just walk away when you are so emotionally invested due to love for a person that they care about long before ISU.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
If you are a winning coach at ISU, you can do anything you want and the Cyclone fan base will defend you above the President, the AD and anybody who questions the Coach's behavior.

+ scream at your players "you Stoopid MF'ers"

+ make the team & asst. coaches fly home while you drive back to Ames hitting all the strip clubs on 6th Ave Austin.

+ tell your boss you can't travel with the team because you have a neurotic fear of flying

+ kick a player off the team because he's giggling & smiling.... in the locker room...half-time... when the team is behind.

+ Make the star player get off the bus and run wind sprints in the parking lot, with teammates watching, because you think he has a "prima donna' attitude......while you get in your custom pimped out RV and drive back to Ames.
I would have little problem with a losing ISU coach doing that. Well maybe not the strip club part. If you are losing, the time at the strip club should be spent watching game film.
Are you a BF relative ?
Nope, I am a relative of Coach K. Why do you ask?

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008

From what I've gathered from this conversation BF isolated this one player and really laid into her. Coach K gets plenty ******, but he address the anger to the team as a whole. I don't think I've ever seen Coach K absolutely lay into one of his players in public. The same can be said for John Calipari.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
From what I've gathered from this conversation BF isolated this one player and really laid into her. Coach K gets plenty ******, but he address the anger to the team as a whole. I don't think I've ever seen Coach K absolutely lay into one of his players in public. The same can be said for John Calipari.

You must not watch much Duke basketball. Nevertheless, I'll call the coaches show for you and tell BF you think he needs to get on the other players just as much.

If Jessica is that narcissistic, no wonder a coach needed to lay into her.

Last edited:

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Bill has been at Iowa State for years and has built a very successful BB program. I don't think he is or want him to change his style of coaching. He is going to upset a player from time to time, so be it. Not all players and coaches are going to jell. He does have a lot more stress in his life than any of us has had. I hope none of that filters over to coaching, but the players should understand and know what struggles Bill is going thru right now. Go Bill. Iowa State loves and supports you!

Cyclone44

Apr 11, 2006
Now you know how things got started at Penn St..... If you win then everything is all right. Being tuff and being over the line is truly a fine line. You may have to be tuff and get a little mad as coach but going nuts on a player is not right. Winning at all costs is not what we want to see at ISU. CPR is intense and is loved by his players. But, I don't see him going nuts with his players. A right way and a wrong way. I know BF has cancer and I'm sure this is a lot of pressure on him. But maybe he needs some of his own treatment. Maybe he needs to get his act together... One blow up can erase all the good he has done.

Reactions: je4cy23