* * * Official positive men's bball thread * * *

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
So tired of some of the negative nancies around here.

We have the most talented team that we've had in a long time.

We have a ton of potential.

Royce is a beast and has some amazing passes and dunks. If you can't see his talent and enjoy it, you need not reply to this thread.

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
Since someone did this already today, can we complain about this one?

Sorry, i didn't see it, but I didn't look too hard as it wasn't on the front page. Apparently there are more negative nancies than positive petes

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Ok, so official threads have 3 asterisks before and after the title.

But what's with the spaces?

I can't be positive about that.

:twitcy:

PS: I heart ISU BB and CFH (gotta keep it positive)

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
Other than the Drake loss I've been "OK" with this team. Some early ups and downs should have been expected.

January 4th is must win for this team if there's any chance of NCAA tourney. Unless something drastic happens because I can't see us winning a ton of games on the road. You better not lose more than once or twice at home in league play. Texas is very mediocre. Gotta have it.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
If you need a "positive" thread you probably had very unrealistic expectations coming into this season. We haven't looked great but this is still a transition period for the program.

cyclone1975

Feb 4, 2007
Ankeny
Our defense has gotten better. It still isn't where it needs to be, but it is much better than it was one month ago.

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
If you need a "positive" thread you probably had very unrealistic expectations coming into this season. We haven't looked great but this is still a transition period for the program.

Nope, on the conterary. I believe it's the people that are whining and ******** about us being lazy and how Royce is so bad that had unrealistic expectations. I need a positive thread because I get sick and tired of hearing the sky is falling.

Reactions: CycloneErik

Cyclonefan89

Oct 25, 2010
Ankeny
I think Bubu is turning into a better player. i really like his speed, he seems quicker than anyone else on our team. also Ejim had a really rough start this year. i think i saw him airball 4 or 5 three point attempts, where as compared to last year he actually had a good stroke from there. but after the game last night he looked better than he has all season

H

Hugs4ISU

We suck, period. We have more talent than Creighton, and are no where close to being ranked. They are.

Lanny

Apr 10, 2006
Kimberling City, MO
Things are not perfect, but all things considered I am happy. The team is still a pretty inexperienced team. Half our team did not play competitive basketball last year and we are basically trying to create a system from scratch. Practicing together does not create nearly as good of game chemistry and one of the biggest issues this year has been the players are still learning their roles.

The potential is there to get hot and play really well - I truly believe that if the offense moves the ball and the shooters get hot we can play with anybody in the country. There will be growing pains and teams will exploit the lack of PG but I still think that the team is better off now than what it has been since Tinsley was here. The potential is there - I am not saying great things will happen, but they could and that is more than I could say about a lot of the recent teams.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron