* * * Official positive men's bball thread * * *

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Things are not perfect, but all things considered I am happy. The team is still a pretty inexperienced team. Half our team did not play competitive basketball last year and we are basically trying to create a system from scratch. Practicing together does not create nearly as good of game chemistry and one of the biggest issues this year has been the players are still learning their roles.

The potential is there to get hot and play really well - I truly believe that if the offense moves the ball and the shooters get hot we can play with anybody in the country. There will be growing pains and teams will exploit the lack of PG but I still think that the team is better off now than what it has been since Tinsley was here. The potential is there - I am not saying great things will happen, but they could and that is more than I could say about a lot of the recent teams.

Have to agree with this.

I think Texas is very beatable, especially at home. If we can get hot in that game I believe we can handle them in front of what should be a good home crowd. If we can win that game and get the conference schedule started off on a good note it could boost them even further.

cyclone87

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2011
Ames, IA
The team seems to have improved quite a bit from what it looked like at the beginning of the season, keep it up and conference play might be pretty interesting. Regardless I think this program is headed in the right direction and will be back to postseason play soon, if not this year then likely next year.

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
GSwaim BigTime TV/Radio
#Sooners are much improved under Lon Kruger, but he's working with much less talent than all besides #TexasTech & #Cyclones in the #Big12.

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
We suck, period. We have more talent than Creighton, and are no where close to being ranked. They are.

Then let's rehire *****! See how that works out.....GET OFF MY THREAD WITH YOUR NEGATIVE COMMENTS!

Edit: M C D U D D is sensored?

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
GSwaim BigTime TV/Radio
#Sooners are much improved under Lon Kruger, but he's working with much less talent than all besides #TexasTech & #Cyclones in the #Big12.

This could almost be considered negative too. What part of the positive in the thread title don't people understand?

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
I've tried to be level-headed so far, but definitely have posted some negative things.

In several threads, naysayers have been lumped into a group that had too-high expectations, when some of us were cautiously optimistic and still a little disappointed.

I'm dialing back a little. I get the sense this is one of those seasons when things don't start to crank up until late February. By that point, postseason may be a slim hope, but the team will begin to look much better — one of those "This ISU team might have gone 13-0 in non-conference."

Still a chance that could happen much sooner. If we see something like that by mid-January, who knows?

As others said, beating Texas in the conference opener, considering it's also at home, that would be a nice step.

That's my positive contribution for this week. :smile:

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
I've tried to be level-headed so far, but definitely have posted some negative things.

In several threads, naysayers have been lumped into a group that had too-high expectations, when some of us were cautiously optimistic and still a little disappointed.

I'm dialing back a little. I get the sense this is one of those seasons when things don't start to crank up until late February. By that point, postseason may be a slim hope, but the team will begin to look much better — one of those "This ISU team might have gone 13-0 in non-conference."

Still a chance that could happen much sooner. If we see something like that by mid-January, who knows?

As others said, beating Texas in the conference opener, considering it's also at home, that would be a nice step.

That's my positive contribution for this week. :smile:

Thank you. You are pretty much in the same boat as I am. I was cautiously optimistic before the season, but just because we are not undefeated, I'm not going to bail on this team now. I still see a ton of potential.

So yes, being that I was cautiously optimistic, I may be a bit disappointed we didn't beat Drake and UNI. But, I can see us slowly coming together as a team. And even though I might be just a tad dissappointed that we didn't beat Drake, I get sick and tired of the people that ....well let's just say it this way:

They are not ready to jump off the bandwagon that is traveling down the rock road towards sucsess, they jumped off long ago, and are now throwing rocks at everyone that is still riding even though it is raining.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
Nope, on the conterary. I believe it's the people that are whining and ******** about us being lazy and how Royce is so bad that had unrealistic expectations. I need a positive thread because I get sick and tired of hearing the sky is falling.

HEYHEY!!! We have a winner! Took less than a page for the originator of the "let's be positive" thread to turn negative!

Big frownies, Mr. Petey...this is supposed to be the POSITIVE thread.

:twitcy:

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
Then let's rehire *****! See how that works out.....GET OFF MY THREAD WITH YOUR NEGATIVE COMMENTS!

Edit: M C D U D D is sensored?

This could almost be considered negative too. What part of the positive in the thread title don't people understand?

Now, now Petey....it seems you're not being very positive of other people's opinions. You're not setting a good example.

:rolleyes:

*edit* A question: Would it be inappropriate for me to mention the Texas A&M player that passed away and point people to that thread to share their condolences? I mean, that's a positive thing to do, but it's about a negative topic. We need more definition of how the positive thread works. I mean, not even the OP can follow it.

Last edited:

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
HEYHEY!!! We have a winner! Took less than a page for the originator of the "let's be positive" thread to turn negative!

Big frownies, Mr. Petey...this is supposed to be the POSITIVE thread.

:twitcy:

How exactly is this being negative? Because I am sick and tired of the sky is falling posts?????

Or disputing the fact that I had unrealistic expectations going into this season??

Or is it because I said why I was sick of the negative threads???

I love all things ISU, to keep this positive, but I am unsure of what you are trying to do here

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
How exactly is this being negative? Because I am sick and tired of the sky is falling posts?????

Or disputing the fact that I had unrealistic expectations going into this season??

Or is it because I said why I was sick of the negative threads???

I love all things ISU, to keep this positive, but I am unsure of what you are trying to do here

Yelling at people is not very positive. Cursing is not very positive. Multiple punctuations usually means someone is grumpy bears. This is the positive thread. Let's try harder. You can do it, I'm positive.

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
Now, now Petey....it seems you're not being very positive of other people's opinions. You're not setting a good example.

:rolleyes:

*edit* A question: Would it be inappropriate for me to mention the Texas A&M player that passed away and point people to that thread to share their condolences? I mean, that's a positive thing to do, but it's about a negative topic. We need more definition of how the positive thread works. I mean, not even the OP can follow it.

And apparently you can't follow it either. Positive MENS BBALL THREAD. The key words are in bold for you. If you can't be positive about mens bball, then get the f... off my thread. If you don't understand the concept, then I am sorry for you

Last edited:

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
And apparently you can't follow it either. Positive MENS BBALL THREAD. The key word are in bold for you. If you can't be positive about mens bball, then get the f... off my thread. If you don't understand the concept, then I am sorry for you

That's definitely not positive. I don't think I want to be on such a negative thread. I came here for positive thoughts.

But really, have I said anything negative about men's basketball? I'm merely pointing out that you are calling everyone else out for being negative, then attacking everyone else in a completely over the top way.

BTW, thanks for taking the bait, you made my point completely by devolving in to cursing at me in your 'positive' thread. One thing I'm proud of, most cyclone fans are nice people, understanding of others' viewpoints and polite. The kind of people that other teams' fans comment on after visiting. You are acting like the exception to that rule.

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
That's definitely not positive. I don't think I want to be on such a negative thread. I came here for positive thoughts.

But really, have I said anything negative about men's basketball? I'm merely pointing out that you are calling everyone else out for being negative, then attacking everyone else in a completely over the top way.

BTW, thanks for taking the bait, you made my point completely by devolving in to cursing at me in your 'positive' thread. One thing I'm proud of, most cyclone fans are nice people, understanding of others' viewpoints and polite. The kind of people that other teams' fans comment on after visiting. You are acting like the exception to that rule.

And you are acting like an arogant *** that came here just for an argument. I didn't say everything had to be rosy and sunshine, I just want to keep it positive about our beloved team.

No you haven't said anything negative about the team, like i said before, you just came here to start an argument or prove a point, I'm not sure why.

So pretty much you derailed the thread by being an arrogant *** and trying to prove a point.

Quick question, have I said anything negative about the team? Because that is what this thread is all about. I'm not above calling you out because you are a d

Last edited:

Yes13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2009
And you are acting like an arogant *** that came here just for an argument. I didn't say everything had to be rosy and sunshine, I just want to keep it positive about our beloved team.

No you haven't said anything negative about the team, like i said before, you just came here to start an argument or prove a point, I'm not sure why.

So pretty much you derailed the thread by being an arrogant *** and trying to prove a point.

Quick question, have I said anything negative about the team? Because that is what this thread is all about. I'm not above calling you out because you are a d
Dude, settle, he was joking. You can get the hint when he says, "someone is grumpy bears." (lol, btw, 00clone)

My positive: This team isn't as good as we all thought, meaning sure we're playing below expectations (Fred probably shouldn't have pimped this team out so much), but we aren't playing below realistic expectations (other than Drake). Meaning, No Fred is not a terrible coach, and no the players aren't being lazy. We just aren't that good. We can beat a lot of teams though. If we get hot from three and catch simple passes that would lead to dunks or layups, we can beat any and every team in the Big 12. How many times will that happen this year? I have no idea, but hopefully a lot.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
In recent years we have had teams that performed well during the non-conference schedule only to fail badly in the conference. I'm thinking thinking this is the year to struggle a little in non-conference action and kick butt in the conference.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
POSITIVE THOUGHTS

1) OSU is weaker than I thought.
2) Texas might be weaker than I thought.
3) T. Tech might actually be even weaker than I thought.
4) KU lost at home to Davidson.
5) ATM lost a player to injury (I think)and may be subpar when we play them.
6) OU is better than I thought yet still very beatable.
7) Mizzou is very good but can shoot themselves out of a game...especially on the road.
8) We beat Iowa and they are on a 3 game winning streak! (added for humor)

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
POSITIVE THOUGHTS

1) OSU is weaker than I thought.
2) Texas might be weaker than I thought.
3) T. Tech might actually be even weaker than I thought.
4) KU lost at home to Davidson.
5) ATM lost a player to injury (I think)and may be subpar when we play them.
6) OU is better than I thought yet still very beatable.
7) Mizzou is very good but can shoot themselves out of a game...especially on the road.
8) We beat Iowa and they are on a 3 game winning streak! (added for humor)

+1 all very good things. I think with the way we are improving and the way everyone looks beatable in the Big 12 this year, we can still be very sucsessful this year.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron