***OFFICIAL ISU-Iowa Post Game Thread***

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
Bad bad bad enough to pull within 8 with 38 seconds left.

Sorry to tell you, ISU and Iowa aren't that far apart. The 2nd half of the game showed ISU has a lot of weaknesses, and it wasn't a fluke that Iowa got back in the game. Iowa simply started making shots that they were missing in the first half.

And the 1st half showed ISU can blow Iowa out of the water if they play to their potential.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota

The thing is Iowa was playing their balls off and ISU wasnt playing very hard.

Seems to be the case with most of ISU's games this year.

Neither team is 24 points better than the other, and both halves reflected the complete crap that both teams are capable of. Both halves also show how decent each team can be if they hit their shots and take care of the ball.

Yes13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2009
Re: Most boring game ever?

It was pretty fast paced at the beginning and ISU raced out to a big early lead. But after that? OMG. The refs slowed it down sooo much that it was really hard to watch. I know you guys won so it was a little better for you, but man....it was ugly. A stoppage every 15-20 seconds it seemed. ISU would get a ticky-tac foul and then they would call a make-up call on the other end of the floor right away. Awful stuff.

BTW, the game got a lot suckier when ISU stopped going to RW. Is he 40? Cuz he is a MAN.

Anyway, boring as all get out, but good game Clones. Well deserved win.

Between watching Aaron White try to act like hes a good player, to refs trying to make up for anothers mistake, to just a ****** off at the world ref trying to get in everyones face..... I thought it was pretty fun.

Last edited:

CloneState1028

Jan 21, 2008
Ames, IA via Cedar Rapids
Jesus, SplitIdentity needs to get a grip on things. The talent on the floor is CLEARLY different. I seriously don't think there is one player in Iowa's starting lineup that I would take over a player in ISU's. Seriously.

When we felt like we needed to play, we killed Iowa. Iowa is AWFUL, Iowa State isn't even close to that.

Reactions: Bobber and kingcy

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
And the 1st half showed ISU can blow Iowa out of the water if they play to their potential.

And the 2nd half showed Iowa could blow ISU out of the water if they played to THEIR potential.

See what I did there?

Iowa played like **** in the first half, ISU played like **** in the 2nd. If both teams played up to their potential, ISU would win, no doubt, but it wouldn't be a 20 point blowout.

Hawkeye11en1

Apr 22, 2011
Colorado
Re: Most boring game ever?

Between watching Aaron White try to act like hes a good player to refs trying to make up for anothers mistake to just a ****** off at the world ref trying to get in everyones face..... I thought it was pretty fun.

It just got more fun trying to understand what that post means.

Yes13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2009
Seems to be the case with most of ISU's games this year.

Neither team is 24 points better than the other, and both halves reflected the complete crap that both teams are capable of. Both halves also show how decent each team can be if they hit their shots and take care of the ball.
I saw no sign of decency out of Iowa.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
Jesus, SplitIdentity needs to get a grip on things. The talent on the floor is CLEARLY different. I seriously don't think there is one player in Iowa's starting lineup that I would take over a player in ISU's. Seriously.

When we felt like we needed to play, we killed Iowa. Iowa is AWFUL, Iowa State isn't even close to that.

Well then. I guess you have me there. ISU just "let" Iowa pull to within 8 with 38 seconds left. I suppose you could be right. But then again, what does that say about the effort of the team, and about the coaching?

CloneState1028

Jan 21, 2008
The only reason Iowa was even partly able to claw back and make this a close game was because Iowa State clearly had it won AND the referees mucked it up so bad that Iowa was able to hang in.

Incyte

Apr 12, 2007
And the 2nd half showed Iowa could blow ISU out of the water if they played to THEIR potential.

See what I did there?

Iowa played like **** in the first half, ISU played like **** in the 2nd. If both teams played up to their potential, ISU would win, no doubt, but it wouldn't be a 20 point blowout.

You're right . . . 25 points at least. Iowa is turrible.

CloneState1028

Jan 21, 2008
Well then. I guess you have me there. ISU just "let" Iowa pull to within 8 with 38 seconds left. I suppose you could be right. But then again, what does that say about the effort of the team, and about the coaching?

It was honestly pretty clear to me that our intensity level was gone in the second half. When Iowa did get a little closer, we'd push it right back out to 20 again. Once it was at 20 with a few minutes to go, we didn't need to extend it again because the game was completely over. I agree with the end of your post though, it's discouraging that we didn't continue to pour it on.

rhillary

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 31, 2007
Plainfield, IL
Just reading the last page here but are Iowa fans really flaunting that they came within 8 with 38 seconds left? Gotta celebrate the little things I guess.

Cyclonefarmer

Mar 23, 2006
rural se North Carolina
I have supported our Clones all this young season,even when others didn't, but the second half just left me feeling empty after the first half performance.I really wanted a 25 - 30 and hang 100. We've got to do that against teams like Iowa to have a chance in B12. I guess I'm just depressed after the first half.

ItsCyence

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Sioux City
I have supported our Clones all this young season,even when others didn't, but the second half just left me feeling empty after the first half performance.I really wanted a 25 - 30 and hang 100. We've got to do that against teams like Iowa to have a chance in B12. I guess I'm just depressed after the first half.

We could have had 90+ if we made all of our free throws.

fccy

Dec 31, 2008
Forest City
For those who didn't hear, VB is ELITE!!!!

ISU beats Minny at Minny 3-1, plays Florida State tomorrow night.