Big 4 perspective from McBulldog!

Mc Bulldog

Dec 19, 2007
As a Drake fan, I don't really care if the Bulldogs play the Hawks or the Clones. It is kind of pathetic that either school would be afraid to play these lowly local teams, but if they don't want to play Drake or UNI they shouldn't. Iowa and Iowa State apparently want the appearance of a good team as opposed to actually being a good team. This crap comes up every time Drake or UNI beat them. In reality, it seems rather cowardly.

Drake and UNI fans always pull for Iowa and Iowa State after the pre conf. games are over. If ISU and Sqwak fans want to act like cry baby pansies ... knock yourselves out! What you should be doing is acting like you've been there. Man up and grow some nads.

Reactions: CycloneErik

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
As a Drake fan, I don't really care if the Bulldogs play the Hawks or the Clones. It is kind of pathetic that either school would be afraid to play these lowly local teams, but if they don't want to play Drake or UNI they shouldn't. Iowa and Iowa State apparently want the appearance of a good team as opposed to actually being a good team. This crap comes up every time Drake or UNI beat them. In reality, it seems rather cowardly.

Drake and UNI fans always pull for Iowa and Iowa State after the pre conf. games are over. If ISU and Sqwak fans want to act like cry baby pansies ... knock yourselves out! What you should be doing is acting like you've been there. Man up and grow some nads.

I agree with everything you said

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN

First off, did this really require a new thread?

Second most of the posters on the thread were saying we should be playing...

EDIT: Nice job putting yourself in the third person into the thread title. I'm honored to even post in your thread.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
I agree. I really don't see any way these series' go away. It's just a lot of sour grapes from Iowa/ISU fans after losing several times in the past few years.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
As a Drake fan, I don't really care if the Bulldogs play the Hawks or the Clones.

I don't really care either if ISU plays Drake. But if ISU does play Drake, the game should be played in a venue worthy of a college BB game, like Hilton Coliseum, and not played in Drake's high school gym.

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
I don't really care either if ISU plays Drake. But if ISU does play Drake, the game should be played in a venue worthy of a college BB game, like Hilton Coliseum, and not played in Drake's high school gym.

This is where I would lean. No need to stop playing them, but can we please play the @Drake game at the Well?

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
As a Drake fan, I don't really care if the Bulldogs play the Hawks or the Clones. It is kind of pathetic that either school would be afraid to play these lowly local teams, but if they don't want to play Drake or UNI they shouldn't. Iowa and Iowa State apparently want the appearance of a good team as opposed to actually being a good team. This crap comes up every time Drake or UNI beat them. In reality, it seems rather cowardly.Drake and UNI fans always pull for Iowa and Iowa State after the pre conf. games are over. If ISU and Sqwak fans want to act like cry baby pansies ... knock yourselves out! What you should be doing is acting like you've been there. Man up and grow some nads.

So you don't care if drake plays the major state universities but you'll write an unnecessarily long angry rant about it?

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA

I don't think ISU should play Drake at the Knapp Center. The crowd this year was very small, so clearly Drake fans don't even care about the game.

If we are to play Drake on the road, then I think the game should be at Wells Fargo. Feel about the same about UNI.

clonefanpaul

Omnipresent Lurker
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 28, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
Yeah. Honestly I agree. I love that the teams play each other. Drake and UNI are legitimate teams and I love being able to see who wins the state every year. Some ISU fans (a very vocal minority) need to man up and deal with the loss. You don't hear the players whining.

mike4cy

Aug 4, 2006
Urbandale

I agree with what you said, but not your sense of entitlement. Hey Drake, want to play football too?

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006

Agree 100%. Apparently both Iowa and ISU have a lot of p-word fans.

IowaSTATCyclone

Dec 4, 2009
I'll bet a lot of them do. We laughed that one up quite a bit around here.

It was about the same time as the Get MAD Again campaign - twin gifts that just kept giving.

I've completely lost the origins of MAD...what did M stand for? "Moustaches?"

weR138

Feb 20, 2008

1. Who's afraid?

2. Bull****.

3. Say that to my face internet toughguy.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009

Feel better now, Drake fan?