Josh lenz?

cymaniac17

Jan 25, 2010
Parts Unknown
Im pretty sure i saw him in the first quater but i dont remember seeing him after that and he didnt have a catch. Did he get hurt today or did he even play?

BMWallace

SuperFanatic
Sep 11, 2011
Chicago, IL
He was playing on almost every drive and don't think he got thrown to. I was surprised as well.

I have to wonder if it has anything to do with the rhythm between Josh and JB. Maybe JB is more familiar with the 2 deeps than the first stringers (from the beginning of the season) and is able to find them more consistently.

FootballinTexas

Aug 2, 2009
I would speculate that Lenz had to play outside receiver because Money was out. That's why Horne started in the slot. I would have liked to see Chris Young just replace Money on the outside and keep Josh in slot instead of playing him out of position. He's a better route runner and it helps to keep the rhythm. I like Josh vs. LB's better than CB's.

thisISnextyear

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Ames
I would speculate that Lenz had to play outside receiver because Money was out. That's why Horne started in the slot. I would have liked to see Chris Young just replace Money on the outside and keep Josh in slot instead of playing him out of position. He's a better route runner and it helps to keep the rhythm. I like Josh vs. LB's better than CB's.

Moving Josh outside not only impacted his catches, it also hurt us quite a bit with the difficulty he had blocking. He missed 2 on one series that were really bad.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
He had 2 or 3 throws to him on 3rd downs in the second half, all of them he was tightly covered and the ball was uncatchable. He was definitely in the whole game.