Watch the Mizzou game live!

jhschuh

Oct 12, 2011
I was driving to KC today and according to radio 810 (I think) from KC the game could have been on FCS but Mizzou declined because it wanted the game at 1:00 rather than 11:00 or 6:00, the start times for FCS carried games. Most interesting was that Coach Pinkel did not know about this and he thought the conference was to be blamed for the game's not being on television. Evidently he is quite unhappy with the conference office because Mizzou has not been on television as frequently as he would like.

The commentators (the 1-2:00 time slot on the radio) just ripped Mizzou for lack of communication in the athletics' office. Very interesting thoughts about MU and the SEC on the show, mostly having to do with the demographics of the state of Missouri and that about 60% of the population lives east of Columbia and those folks want to go the SEC while the balance live west of Columbia and want to stay in the Big XII.

I learned more about the conference alignment controversy in that hour than one could imagine, and Mizzou's role in it, but the bottom line is that the commentators are very negative on Mizzou's athletics department's leadership.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
As the late Randy "Macho Man" Savage would say, "OH YEAHHHHHH"

kool1.jpg

isukendall

Nov 30, 2006
Fort Collins, CO
Download the Android App EasyTether, it'll let you use your phone's internet connection through your laptop (using the USB cable). The (free) lite version should probably work with CloneZone, it just doesn't let you connect to secure https sites.

You might run into issues with data connectivity through the phone, though. The cell towers get pretty clogged with tons of people in one place.

Thanks for the advice. I'm sure we will run into some issues with connectivity. I only live a few miles from the stadium, so when it wasn't being streamed it was an easy solution: get the tailgating on. Now I'm thinking of staying home to watch, and go to the tailgate later. (Boise St @ CSU).

cyman05

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 7, 2010
I was driving to KC today and according to radio 810 (I think) from KC the game could have been on FCS but Mizzou declined because it wanted the game at 1:00 rather than 11:00 or 6:00, the start times for FCS carried games. Most interesting was that Coach Pinkel did not know about this and he thought the conference was to be blamed for the game's not being on television. Evidently he is quite unhappy with the conference office because Mizzou has not been on television as frequently as he would like.

The commentators (the 1-2:00 time slot on the radio) just ripped Mizzou for lack of communication in the athletics' office. Very interesting thoughts about MU and the SEC on the show, mostly having to do with the demographics of the state of Missouri and that about 60% of the population lives east of Columbia and those folks want to go the SEC while the balance live west of Columbia and want to stay in the Big XII.

I learned more about the conference alignment controversy in that hour than one could imagine, and Mizzou's role in it, but the bottom line is that the commentators are very negative on Mizzou's athletics department's leadership.

Good post.

Good to hear that people in the area are ripping MU's athletic Dept leadership. I think its bad that the 45 page report that came out about their SEC decision assumed SEC renegotiation of contracts, but failed to recognize B12 renegotiation of tier 1.

Their leadership does indeed seem to have issues with Brady Deaton fighting like heck to keep the B12 together all throughout the Oklahoma & friends saga, but once Mizzou realized they might have an option then they totally backpedal themselves, not knowing what they really want.

That, and the leak about SEC being the "leftover" choice was pretty funny.

bgprest

Aug 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
I'm trying to renew my audio/visual package to be able to watch the Mizzou game on Saturday.

After logging into my Clone Zone account, it tells me to hit the "Renew" button under the "My Packages" column.

Well, THERE IS NO RENEW BUTTON!!!

When I try to hit either of the two "Purchase Packages" buttons, it sends me to a purchase screen that ends up telling me to log in to my account to add the package. But again, there IS NO RENEW BUTTON!

This is pretty frustrating crap for a system that's representing our university that prides itself on being a technology school.

And, there's no way to find a help phone number so you have to go through their crappy question screen. I'm still awaiting a response.

Does anybody here know of a solution or do you happen to have a phone number I can call and actually speak to a human???

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I'm trying to renew my audio/visual package to be able to watch the Mizzou game on Saturday.

After logging into my Clone Zone account, it tells me to hit the "Renew" button under the "My Packages" column.

Well, THERE IS NO RENEW BUTTON!!!

When I try to hit either of the two "Purchase Packages" buttons, it sends me to a purchase screen that ends up telling me to log in to my account to add the package. But again, there IS NO RENEW BUTTON!

This is pretty frustrating crap for a system that's representing our university that prides itself on being a technology school.

And, there's no way to find a help phone number so you have to go through their crappy question screen. I'm still awaiting a response.

Does anybody here know of a solution or do you happen to have a phone number I can call and actually speak to a human???

I had some weirdness going on like that when I renewed my account in September.

But then I logged in and I had access. It seemed it wasn't working but it was.

I've subscribed from Sept-April for a few years now.

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008
I was kind of disappointed about the "HD" quality that the UNI game had when I watched the replay on Clone Zone. Looked closer to 360p or 480p.

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008
I was kind of disappointed about the "HD" quality that the UNI game had when I watched the replay on Clone Zone. Looked closer to 360p or 480p.

I might have been harsh about the resolution, but the framerate wasn't completely solid for the UNI game, so maybe that has to do with the resolution looking worse. Could be uploading issues or something IDK. Hopefully it's all cleared up for Mizzou.

The screenshot actually doesn't look to bad...

clonezone.png

fsnhd.png

abczl.png

Last edited:

bgprest

Aug 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
I had some weirdness going on like that when I renewed my account in September.

But then I logged in and I had access. It seemed it wasn't working but it was.

I've subscribed from Sept-April for a few years now.

I had the same kind of weirdness happen the last time I re-purchased the video package but don't remember what happened to finally remedy the situation.

All I can say is that it's kind of embarrasing that our Iowa State University of Science and Technology can't do better on this kind of stuff...

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron