TCU Basketball

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
I know basketball doesn't really matter in all of this realignment stuff but TCU basketball is horrible. They went 1-15 last year in the MWC. I guess they'll just replace Colorado.

RedlineSi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Twin Cities
Yeah they are awful. Maybe now they can recruit some, but it will be a long road for them.

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
Did someone actually bring up the Mc dudd years and say we don't have much to talk about? Have they been paying attention to who the coach is now, what he did with mostly lackluster talent in last year's squad and now the incredible recruits playing for us this year?

Wow.

TCU has NEVER been good. When in the hell was the last time they even sniffed the NCAA tourney? This team will be the new CU or Nebby for 20+ years in hoops. That is, always at the bottom. ISU should and will crush them in hoops for years to come.

cyflier

Apr 13, 2006
I know basketball doesn't really matter in all of this realignment stuff but TCU basketball is horrible. They went 1-15 last year in the MWC. I guess they'll just replace Colorado.

Hopefully we can do better than just splitting the series with them every year like we did Colorado.

jay moe

Apr 10, 2006
southern iowa
Did someone actually bring up the Mc dudd years and say we don't have much to talk about? Have they been paying attention to who the coach is now, what he did with mostly lackluster talent in last year's squad and now the incredible recruits playing for us this year?

Wow.

TCU has NEVER been good. When in the hell was the last time they even sniffed the NCAA tourney? This team will be the new CU or Nebby for 20+ years in hoops. That is, always at the bottom. ISU should and will crush them in hoops for years to come.

When Billy Tubbs was the coach and Lee Nailon played there.

cyfan964

Oct 22, 2006
Is Prioleau still there or did he get canned? He was great coach/recruiter for us.

Edit: nevermind, didn't know he moved on to Colorado

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Is Prioleau still there or did he get canned? He was great coach/recruiter for us.

Edit: nevermind, didn't know he moved on to Colorado

I was just going to say that. Priloeau leaving had as much to do with GMac's failure than anything. If he were around another year, Wesley Johnson wouldn't have left. And if that happens, GMac wouldn't have changed how he dealt with players, causing mass attrition and instability. Maybe I'm wrong, but I believe that Priloeau leaving (for freaking TCU!) was the first domino. That said, if that hadn't all went down, we'd probably be in GMac's sixt 1st year this season after narrowly missing the NIT last year. Remind me to thank Creighton again.

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines
TCU better be scheduling Simpson and Grandview for non-conference games if they plan on winning a game before conference play.

CRAZYGREG

Feb 29, 2008
Des Moines

Wow.

CFH went 16-16 with a 3-13 record in the Big 12. Not exactly that great. don't get me wrong, I am not down on CFH or what he is doing. But to say that he did remarkable is kind of crazy.

As far as the recruits playing for us..... they haven't played a game yet. too many people are getting way ahead of themselves in their expectations.

ISU fans have no room to talk trash about other basketball programs. That was my only point.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
CFH went 16-16 with a 3-13 record in the Big 12. Not exactly that great. don't get me wrong, I am not down on CFH or what he is doing. But to say that he did remarkable is kind of crazy.

As far as the recruits playing for us..... they haven't played a game yet. too many people are getting way ahead of themselves in their expectations.

ISU fans have no room to talk trash about other basketball programs. That was my only point.

You aren't really very good at this, are you? What league does and has TCU played in for the last 15 years? What league has ISU played in for the last 15 years?