South Grand Ave. Extension?

Cytom5

Sep 3, 2010
Ames
Does anyone know what exactly is happening with south grand ave. in ames? I have heard that south grand ave. will extend from Lincoln way to south 16th.

anyone know when it will be done? or any other updates

hawkeyeh8r

Jun 10, 2010
Ames
Does anyone know what exactly is happening with south grand ave. in ames? I have heard that south grand ave. will extend from Lincoln way to south 16th.

anyone know when it will be done? or any other updates

i doubt that would happen since coldwater is in the way and that new apartment complex just went up east of the christian school.

Senolcyc

Apr 20, 2010
i doubt that would happen since coldwater is in the way and that new apartment complex just went up east of the christian school.

There's a right of way there, it's accounted for and in the plans.

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire

It's going to happen. You can go to the city of Ames website and look at the plan and see how they are moving things around.

mapnerd

Aug 17, 2006
Ames
Isn't Coldwater going to look weird with massive apartment complexes nearby and a 4 lane road running through it? I think it's a good move though to ease some traffic problems in Ames though.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
One thing is for certain though, it's desperately needed. Duff Ave is a mess and it's only getting worse.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola

The Grand Ave extension will pretty much follow the old rail bed/current trail that is there, and Cold water was told this was the future plan when they put the golf course in. The Council Action Form was just for about 400 feet of the extension, not the entire thing...that 400 feet has already been completed, I believe, and is just west of the new apartments out there. The entire project, I thought I heard, has been put off due to lack of funding, but it will happen someday.

Cytom5

Sep 3, 2010
Ames
Isn't Coldwater going to look weird with massive apartment complexes nearby and a 4 lane road running through it? I think it's a good move though to ease some traffic problems in Ames though.

i think the city of ames has outgrown its self

Cytom5

Sep 3, 2010
Ames
thats not good I have a south Grand Address and I guess it wont be recognized until that extension is complete.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
At least now when I hook my drive off the first tee I have a chance to have it go off a building and back into playable territory.

And I'll be interested to see what Coldwater does when that happens. Holes 2-8 would all be on the other side of the 4 lane which would make for some interesting golfing.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
At least now when I hook my drive off the first tee I have a chance to have it go off a building and back into playable territory.

And I'll be interested to see what Coldwater does when that happens. Holes 2-8 would all be on the other side of the 4 lane which would make for some interesting golfing.
The less athletic golfers who can't dodge oncoming traffic will be culled from the herd, it's nature.

Cytom5

Sep 3, 2010
Ames

next time you play make sure you yell at me! dont hit ur ball into my window

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
next time you play make sure you yell at me! dont hit ur ball into my window
I'll leave a beer on the tee box for you if I hit a window. You'll have to go get it though.

and 3truefans, in that case, I have a BUNCH of people I'm suddenly cool with bringing to the golf course.

Cytom5

Sep 3, 2010
Ames
I'll leave a beer on the tee box for you if I hit a window. You'll have to go get it though.

and 3truefans, in that case, I have a BUNCH of people I'm suddenly cool with bringing to the golf course.

Can it be Natty Light?????