Official Vistor

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
Random twitter searching popped this guy up...

Twitter

..he's talked to a lot of people about how he's on his way right now to Ames for an official visit. Pretty certain this is Najee Lovett. WR from Contra Costa College in CA.

Najee Lovett - Yahoo! Sports

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJJGLmbLT8s"]‪NAJEE LOVETT CONTRA COSTA COLLEGE FOOTBALL 2010 HIGHLIGHTS 1ST ALL-CONFERENCE WR‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Looks pretty decent in this highlight video from his freshman year, and according to this stats website (CCCAA Football Report / compiled by Fred Baer -- Contra Costa) he had 39 rec for 568 yards and 7 TD's last year, and returned 15 kickoffs for 367 yards (24.47 avg).

I say sign 'em up CPR!

Last edited:

IceCyIce

Aug 17, 2009
Grimes
The JC Coaches need to tell these guys their stock goes down with the terminology they use on twitter. Embarrassing and offensive. He can stay in JC or take a class in CPR expectations.

sdillon500

Sep 12, 2006
northern california
The JC Coaches need to tell these guys their stock goes down with the terminology they use on twitter. Embarrassing and offensive. He can stay in JC or take a class in CPR expectations.

What are you talking about? There's nothing offensive in his Twitter feed, just a lot of slang and shortened word to fit in the Twitter word limit.

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
Saw that guy yapping about ISU too - couldn't figure out who it was though... Kudos to the OP for figuring it out.

Regarding twitter slang and inappropriateness: you won't find a decent football team mad up of saints. There's been worse.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008

I'll assume you havent read any of the ISU player's twitters then. I dont think many of them hold up to "CPR" expectations.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville

No it doesn't.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Looks both fast and quick with good hands. I question the competition, though. The Bay Valley Conference isn't exactly a high level of JUCO (I don't think anyway).

woodie

Apr 10, 2006
Looks both fast and quick with good hands. I question the competition, though. The Bay Valley Conference isn't exactly a high level of JUCO (I don't think anyway).

looks like a good kick returner!!!!!!

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I imagine it going something like this:

Assitant Coach: "Coach, we got a kid you need to look at. Fast, strong and a great playmaker, has all the big programs after him."

CPR: "What can you tell me about his Twitter usage? You know my rule against people who butcher the English language on Twitter..."

JustRedman

Jul 10, 2009
Gilbert
He did look like a solid slot receiver/kick returner. He mentioned on Twitter that Aaron Horne was the only one blowing up @ receiver for us (a friend had asked if we were in need of WRs). He said something along the lines of "yeah...bad."

Looks like he would have 3 years with us if he were to sign. 3 year JUCOs are 10x more valuable than 2 years kids. That extra time to adjust to the higher level of play is key.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky

Read many of our own athletes twitters and you find similar stuff.. Get over it.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
He did look like a solid slot receiver/kick returner. He mentioned on Twitter that Aaron Horne was the only one blowing up @ receiver for us (a friend had asked if we were in need of WRs). He said something along the lines of "yeah...bad."

Looks like he would have 3 years with us if he were to sign. 3 year JUCOs are 10x more valuable than 2 years kids. That extra time to adjust to the higher level of play is key.

You're right...3 years is huge. He could play some this year and learn the system and have two more years as a major contributor. They lose Darks and Money, plus Lenz, Horne and Young will all be SRs next year, so there are spots opening up.