FOOTBALL RECRUITING: Mitchell Meyers unofficial on Friday

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
good size for a high school DE. 6'4 241. That could easily be 6'4 270 or more in a good weight training program, and 4.63 is plenty quick for the position, too.

Cydwinder

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 9, 2010
London, UK
Looks like academics are important to him. Air Force will be hard to beat out then.
Unless he doesn't want to serve in the military. That could be a big minus if he thinks he might want to play in the NFL someday.

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
With that mandatory service requirement? Is this a joke post? IF Stanford was recruiting him I would be worried.

Some people have different priorities than others. The service academies are very good schools and are held in high regard in the professional world.

CloneAlta

Sep 9, 2010
Kansas City, MO
www.floorplanonline.com
Need to get the Bergstrom family engaged in whatever way we can within the NCAA rules/regs as one of the Bergstrom boys and his sister graduated from ISU (and he was on the MBB team) and they are Kingwood H.S. grads---big rivals of The Woodlands and both similar schools in north Houston.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I'm not all that worried about Air Force. if those numbers are all legit, it's the teams that will come out of the wood(land)s to offer him as the season progresses that will concern me.

BleedCycloneRed

Sep 1, 2009
Chicago, IL
Rice probably has higher academic standards than the Air Force and they have also offered him. Tells me is a student as well as a football player. Hopefully the type that perform in both the classroom and playing field and stay out of trouble. The type of players Cyclone Nation are most proud of and happy to cheer for. Bring em on.

Clone96

Nov 14, 2006
Parts Unknown
what exactly does the "unofficial visit" mean?

For future reference, the official NCAA definition:

Unofficial visit is any visit by a prospective student-athlete and their parents to a college campus paid for by the prospective student athlete or the prospect’s parents. The only expense the prospective student-athlete can receive from the college is three complimentary admissions to a home athletics contest. The prospect may make as many visits as he or she likes and may take the visits at any time. The only time the prospective student-athlete cannot talk with a coach during an unofficial visit is during a dead period.

Glossary of terms - NCAA.org