AMERICANA Restaurant

timhisu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 29, 2010
Has anyone visited the AMERICANA yet? Any reviews?

I love tapas so I'm excited to try this place. We in Des Moines are pretty limited to Trostel's Dish for tapas.

bringmagicback

Dec 3, 2009
CF Resident Dog Lover
The owners are from Court Ave Brewing, The guy that owns that and the former manager there. Both nice people, however I think they are both Hawks. I assume it will be good as CABCO is one of my favorites in DSM.

J-Diggy

Nov 30, 2007
The owners are from Court Ave Brewing, The guy that owns that and the former manager there. Both nice people, however I think they are both Hawks. I assume it will be good as CABCO is one of my favorites in DSM.

I don't think Scott Carlson (owner) is a Hawk. He went to Drake and I think is origtinally from Chicago or maybe out east - Philly perhaps?

Not that it matters. Both are good guys and know how to run a successful restaurant. And the menu looks interesting plus they certainly have a great location.

Haven't tried it but intend to soon.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I don't think Scott Carlson (owner) is a Hawk. He went to Drake and I think is origtinally from Chicago or maybe out east - Philly perhaps?

Not that it matters. Both are good guys and know how to run a successful restaurant. And the menu looks interesting plus they certainly have a great location.

Have you ever seen how many Hawkeye bars are in Chicago? Probably Outnumber Illinois, ND, NW, Purdue, WI, DePaul, etc combined.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I went the first night and the food is GREAT. They use alot of local ingrediants and the atmosphere and service are top notch. Zombie Burger is going to give them a run, but Americana might have the best burgers in town. I also had the scallops and cant wait to go back for more...

bringmagicback

Dec 3, 2009
CF Resident Dog Lover

Actually now that you mention it your right Scott is a Drake guy, he owns a couple bars in the area as well if not mistaken and does a lot for the relays I think.