One of those "ohhhhhhhhhhhh" moments

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
I was 26yrs old when I realized you could adjust your rearview mirror with that tab to avoid having headlights behind you reflecting right in your eyes. I used to just gripe about the drivers behind me and live with it and one day I was doing just that and my wife adjusted the mirror and I about had a coronary I was so amazed at what had just happened.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I was 26yrs old when I realized you could adjust your rearview mirror with that tab to avoid having headlights behind you reflecting right in your eyes. I used to just gripe about the drivers behind me and live with it and one day I was doing just that and my wife adjusted the mirror and I about had a coronary I was so amazed at what had just happened.

Winner!

cychhosis

May 12, 2006
S.E. Iowa
At age 39, I have finally figured out how to successfully use that thumb-hole on the Kraft mac & cheese box.

Anyone else have a late bloomer story to share?

Yes, this is what the off-season has reduced me to.

Just for the heck of it, next time try saying "Aha" when the revelation hits you!:cool:

CyFan987

Jan 8, 2008
Waco, TX
On a thread a couple years ago, I finally understood the tornado logo for cyclonefanatic was also a CF
are-you-wizard-225x300.jpg

Reactions: AlleyAddict

wcamnclone

Oct 24, 2008
Fargo, ND
Was this a recent development? If it wasn't, then I missed it as well up until I started tailgating. If more people would pair up with those, the lines would be much smaller also. You say "gross," I say "efficient."

I paired up at an outdoor concert when I was like 17 with a 25-30 year old woman. I thought I was in heaven.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
There was a Facebook group or something, "when I found out the Disney D was a D it blew my mind"

I think you have to be the proper age at the time for that to apply to you

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
On the trip down to the Insight Bowl in '09, me and three other buddies were listening to "Land Down Under" by Men At Work and I realized I'd been botching the lyrics for years. It's supposed to be:

"Lying in a den in Bombay
With a slack jaw, and not much to say
I said to the man, "Are you trying to tempt me
Because I come from the land of plenty?"

But I was saying the last two lines as:

"I said to the man, 'Are you trying to touch me?
Because I come from the land o' mighty."

You can imagine my embarrassment.

Yea id be pretty darn embarrassed if I was caught singing that song period.

hobbes

Feb 20, 2010
Chicago
After several rental cars worth of pulling up on the wrong side of the gas cap, I eventually figured out about the gas gage arrow. Some cars have the gas cap on the starboard side and some on port. I can laugh now when I see someone trying to stretch the hose over to the other side.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
I'd wager that people have learned a thing or 2 from this thread already. And knowing is half the battle.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
How about the arrow in the FedEx logo?

My brother told me that one when i was in like 1st grade.. Still a tricky one that I try to point out to people but they just say what?

isucy1234

Apr 2, 2009
For the longest time I thought the word wheelbarrow was actually wheelbarrell. Also, I never really noticed the incorrect spelling of the cereal "Froot Loops".

isu_oak

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2006
As a parental FYI - This also works good for taking a quick look at the kids in the back seat without turning around.

Help Support Us

Become a patron