One of those "ohhhhhhhhhhhh" moments

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
My wife pointed this out to me at some point in our twenties. It was quite a helpful revelation!

Also, last July at the age of 30 I discovered my shoe laces kept coming untied because I had been tying them wrong my entire life: Ian's Shoelace Site - Slipping Shoelace Knots, Crooked Bows

Finally, during my master's thesis defense I pronounced the word caveat from one of my slides as "kah-veet" (instead of "kah-vee-aht"). Even though I knew proper pronunciation from hearing others say it, I never tied the spelling with the correct pronunciation.

Holy Crap! I'm 31 and have been tying my shoes wrong this whole time. :swoon:.

Also, my wife admitted to me that when she heard UConn during march maddness, she thought it was The Yukon, until she was in her 20's. She will never live that down.:laugh:

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
I was in high school before I realized the old Milwaukee Brewers glove logo was made up of an "M" and a "B".

images

I just now noticed that. Thank you.

harty83

Nov 15, 2006
Sioux Falls SD
I am 34 and just realized a couple of years ago that there were tabs on the side of a tin foil box that you can press in to keep the roll in place.

Also, I never realized until I had kids of my own how many childrens' songs share a tune with another song, for example:

ABC/Twinkle Twinkle/Baa Baa Black Sheep
Michael Finnegan/1 Little, 2 Little, 3 Little Indians
Allouette/Little Bunny Foo-Foo

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
all of those spider stories you've heard are lies. no one eats 8 spiders when they're sleeping. Also, daddy long leg spiders are not "incredibly poisonous but their fangs aren't strong enough to pierce human skin"

Colossus

Jan 16, 2010
I figured out last summer that you're not supposed to refridgerate tomatoes. Also, it blew my wife's mind when she found out you don't have to refridgerate pancake syrup, her fam always kept it in the fredge.

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006
I am 34 and just realized a couple of years ago that there were tabs on the side of a tin foil box that you can press in to keep the roll in place.

HA! Just showed my wife that the other day.
Up until about 6 weeks ago, I had no clue(nor did I care to know) how a toilet works. After replacing 2 in the house we bought, the "technology"(or lack thereof) of how one works amazes me.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron