Next years schedule just got more difficult

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
I don't understand this either, maybe they should talk to Claiborn(sp?) from Iowa and see how that worked out for him.

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
ESPN yesterday had Oklahoma #1 and aTm #5 for next year.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
ESPN yesterday had Oklahoma #1 and aTm #5 for next year.

That was Robert Smith and I think he is a little nutty putting A&M 5th. But they will still be good as will OSU now with these two staying.

You have to think Texas is going to rebound too but even if they don't OU, OSU, and A&M all look like top 10 teams that we will be playing next year

And we know Iowa is going to be top 5 :twitcy:

Max57

Dec 18, 2008
Somewhere on Hwy 30
I think the whole NFL CBA unknown is playing a part in all of this. They don't want to go early and find out they aren't playing FB at all.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
They're probably better off going now and risking it vs waiting and dealing with a rookie cap, though. WAY too much money at stake for a lockout.

pyrocyz

Jun 2, 2006
Ames
Personally I don't know if Blackmon is going to be a high draft pick anyways. He needs to shown that he isn't a 1 year wonder. He doesn't have elite size or strength so he needs to improve on both of those. In a year where the draft is as deep as the Pacific Ocean with wide receivers, he could've been told by the NFL that he was going to be a 2nd round pick.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Ouch...I get this from Weeden, his age is the only reason I think he should have considered going this year. I think the year will help his draft status but Blackmon is hands down the best WR in the country, IMO. He has nothing to prove by coming back, it probably has more to do with the depth at WR in the this draft than him thinking he needs another year. To me he's the scariest guy on our schedule.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
Personally I don't know if Blackmon is going to be a high draft pick anyways. He needs to shown that he isn't a 1 year wonder. He doesn't have elite size or strength so he needs to improve on both of those. In a year where the draft is as deep as the Pacific Ocean with wide receivers, he could've been told by the NFL that he was going to be a 2nd round pick.

He got moved into the 1st round of the NFL mock boards. He doesn't have Elite size but his strength is impressive for a WR.

Ouch...I get this from Weeden, his age is the only reason I think he should have considered going this year. I think the year will help his draft status but Blackmon is hands down the best WR in the country, IMO. He has nothing to prove by coming back, it probably has more to do with the depth at WR in the this draft than him thinking he needs another year. To me he's the scariest guy on our schedule.

AJ Green or Julio Jones make good cases too.

Clones33

Jan 15, 2009
Ankeny, IA
They're probably better off going now and risking it vs waiting and dealing with a rookie cap, though. WAY too much money at stake for a lockout.

From all the things I have read it looks like there will be a rookie cap starting this year if/when the new CBA gets signed.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
How did it get "more difficult"??? It seems to me that if they're staying, it remains the same rather than getting easier.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
How did it get "more difficult"??? It seems to me that if they're staying, it remains the same rather than getting easier.

:rolleyes:

I think most assumed that Broyles and Blackman were going pro. With them staying it will be more difficult than originally thought, when it was expected they were going pro.

I see your point, but I think you saw mine too, and decided to make your post anyway

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
Blackman and Weeden are returning....

Record-setting Cowboys Blackmon, Weeden staying at OK State - NCAA Football - CBSSports.com

I thought that Blackman would go to the NFL without question and same for Broyles at Oklahoma. Both of those teams will be really good next year.
Ask Mizzou what they thought about playing here in November. Everyone that has not played football will argue with me, but weather conditions DO affect the game and this game is scheduled for November.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
ok-state played here in november two years ago... unfortunately it was unseasonably warm and they whooped us. remember?

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
Ask Mizzou what they thought about playing here in November. Everyone that has not played football will argue with me, but weather conditions DO affect the game and this game is scheduled for November.

How about when they played here in 2008? 52-20 beatdown happened and it was colder than it was this year.

It is cold for both teams. It's not like our guys practice a lot in the cold weather as it generally isn't even cold until the last game or two

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
He got moved into the 1st round of the NFL mock boards. He doesn't have Elite size but his strength is impressive for a WR.

AJ Green or Julio Jones make good cases too.

Agreed, those guys are studs and are probably better NFL prospects because of their size, experience etc...I'm probably partial to Blackmon due to seeing him more and he was really impressive against one of the top CB's in the draft. He lit Nebby up and they've got NFL talent all over their defensive backfield.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there

Yea but both teams play in the same conditions. What makes anyone think that our spread offense is any more adapted to cold weather than anyone elses? Weather can impact a game but you'll never hear a coach or player say thats what decided the game.