Tressel makes 5 players promise to come back next year in order to play in Sugar Bowl

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Deal is you agree you are coming back next year to serve the penalty or you don't make the bowl trip. All 5 have pledged to come back next year.

Thoughts?

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Re: Tressel makes 5 players promise to come back next year in order to play in Sugar

Deal is you agree you are coming back next year to serve the penalty or you don't make the bowl trip. All 5 have pledged to come back next year.

Thoughts?
It's smart move by Tressel.

ISUonthemove

Jan 31, 2007
Altoona
Re: Tressel makes 5 players promise to come back next year in order to play in Sugar

It took him a couple days to figure out he could blackmail his own players.

price26

Sep 1, 2006
Ames, IA

Yeah right, if that's all it takes for me to play, I'd "pledge" to come back too.

I really think Pryor might as well come back and play, I don't think he'll be much of pro.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa

Not sure how I feel about it. Would rather see them held out for sure. Will be interesting if anyone leaves and goes against their word to Tressel after the bowl.

Irresponsible

Jul 3, 2008
Seattle, WA

Seems like a great plan. These guys have already shown their honesty and their love for Ohio State ("Is the Fiesta Bowl bling worth more than the Rose Bowl bling? We want to go the Fiesta Bowl then.") :jimlad:

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006

Seems like a great plan. These guys have already shown their honesty and their love for Ohio State ("Is the Fiesta Bowl bling worth more than the Rose Bowl bling? We want to go the Fiesta Bowl then.") :jimlad:

meh, it's better than doing nothing. This way he introduces additional peer pressure into the situation. Anybody who leaves would be going back against their word to their team/teammates. It might not have much of an effect, but better than nothing.

kkise

Jun 25, 2008
Ankeny, Iowa

I think it's an empty gesture. Or maybe I'm too cynical.

leroycyclone

Jan 2, 2010
Boulder, CO

You should keep a record of our post. In Summer 2011, look it up and learn who didn't keep their promise.

Then start another thread with the final results.

Odds are probably good that someone won't be on the roster in 2011. Who will renege? Coach Tressel, he quits? Pryor, he turns pro?

My guess is that OSU played the NCAA like a puppet.

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny

They're lying. You know how much the bowl gift basket and sugar bowl ring are going to be worth?

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha

Maybe three of them will go pro...just watch.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008

...and uh what if they break they're promise?

SvrWxCy

Aug 6, 2010
Kansas
www.recruitlists.com

I like the idea, however, it once again relies on those five keeping a promise to the institution that they already crossed at least once before. If they keep their promise and are all back next year to serve the suspension it has at least a bit of merit.

If even one of them doesn't come back though, it will just bring all of this back to light on how irresponsible OSU and their players were...

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron