This Was the Year

justcynn

Sep 28, 2009
Cabot, AR
1) the Big 12 was supposed to fall apart
2) Iowa State was to finish last in the Big 12
3) Iowa was supposed to contend for a National Championship
4) Texas was supposed to compete with Oklahoma for the Big 12 South

I am thankful none of this happened, just goes to show just because the experts have several weeks to write, talk and predict - it doesn't mean much. And it won't mean much in 2011 either. Iowa is a solid Football program that once in a while will exceed expectations but for the most part will let their fans down because expectations are simply too high, in 2011 Nebraska can join em with unrealized expectations and the Cyclones can keep surprising everyone as we continue to improve and establish our own expectations.

While not making the bowl is disappointing, I think we are close to really turning the corner in the program- Lets just keep the expectations realistic and enjoy the ride.

4iastate

Nov 2, 2010
Next year, we should beat the following football teams:

Northern Iowa
Connecticut
Baylor
Kansas
Kansas State

That means we need two or three more wins to go to a bowl game, who do think those will come against, if any teams... ?

Clone9

Nov 12, 2006
Boston, MA

Northern Iowa
Connecticut
Baylor
Kansas
Kansas State

That means we need two or three more wins to go to a bowl game, who do think those will come against, if any teams... ?

Technically speaking, we will only need to beat one other team to get to a bowl.

Prone2Clone

Oct 20, 2006
1) the Big 12 was supposed to fall apart
2) Iowa State was to finish last in the Big 12
3) Iowa was supposed to contend for a National Championship, AS USUAL
4) Texas was supposed to compete with Oklahoma for the Big 12 South

Fixed #3 for you.

Clone9

Nov 12, 2006
Boston, MA
Oh, and I definitely don't think we should be beating UConn. They're a good team who has been consistently good for years now.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA

Northern Iowa
Connecticut
Baylor
Kansas
Kansas State

You're making quite a few assumptions there on who we "should" beat.

cyclonefan1983

Feb 12, 2009
I just dont see how Texas could become better from their 5-7 record so that would be a toss up....

Kind of like UNC basketball this year, bad year last year with no NCAA Tournament then pre season top 10 and already two losses...

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
I just dont see how Texas could become better from their 5-7 record so that would be a toss up....

Kind of like UNC basketball this year, bad year last year with no NCAA Tournament then pre season top 10 and already two losses...

Since they are consistently pulling in great recruiting classes, I doubt it will be very hard for them to be contending again next year.

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
@ UConn and @ Baylor will be tough games. I'd sign for a split today if it was offered.

That Texas game at home is a biggie next year. I think next year we finally pick off Iowa.

colbycheese

Jun 11, 2010
Kansas
twitter.com

Northern Iowa
Connecticut
Baylor
Kansas
Kansas State

FYI, UCONN is one win over South Florida away from the 2010 Big East championship, not that that means much, but still. I don't think they're a team to overlook, and especially not a team from which we can "expect" a victory. I think the only games we'll be picked to win against next year will be Northern Iowa and Kansas.

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
@ UConn and @ Baylor will be tough games. I'd sign for a split today if it was offered.

That Texas game at home is a biggie next year. I think next year we finally pick off Iowa.

I think your right. Iowa may not make a bowl next year. They lose a ridiculous amount on both sides of the ball and ISU gets them at home. Couple that with an inspired ISU team that has lost 3 straight to Iowa and I can see ISU winning.

hawkeyeh8r

Jun 10, 2010
Ames
Yeah I wouldn't say we 'should' beat UCONN. UCONN is one win away (Over USF, next Saturday night) from winning the Big East.

thats not really an accomplishment....the Big East may as well be on par with the MAC when it comes to football. If you look at Northern Illinois they were 9-2 last time i checked and were on their way to the MAC title game. not real worried about that game if we can have solid play at the QB position next year. Next year will either be really good or really bad depending on the play of the QB

Help Support Us

Become a patron