Will you please explain....

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

hawkeyeh8r

Jun 10, 2010
Ames
i dont think it has anything to do with wanting to increase attendance right now. currently a lower bowl in the south endzone won't add any capacity. it seems that it would make the south side more aesthetically pleasing to recruits and other high end people that may want to donate money. bowling in the lower half right now wouldnt do much other make our stadium more up to par with other big 12 schools. i currently cant think of any other big 12 schools that dont have at least some sort of a horseshoe shape to their stadium. we currently have bleachers in the south end which look tacky and cheap. by adding in permanent seating, our stadium as a whole would look like it belonged with top schools rather than the MAC schools.

thats my take on why people want it done, i could be wrong but thats what i think

cdekovic

Mar 25, 2006
Ames
It's not so much what's on top, it's what's underneath. There would be a lot gained for athletic office space, training facilities, etc.

flycy

Jul 17, 2008
Crescent, IA
No. I can however post a new thread........ So I did.

Because bowling in the south end will not only make the stadium look more big time, it will greatly increase the sound level translating to a greater home field advantage. The open end on the south currently lets a lot of the fan nose escape rather than bounce back onto the field. It needs to be done in a way that the option is still there to bowl in the upper deck as well.

Me State

Oct 19, 2007
Empty hillsides don't look as bad as empty bleachers.

Maybe more people would go to the game if they could get real seats for cheap instead of sitting on grass.(assuming the seats in the bowled in south endzone would be cheaper than other seats)

Plus all the other benefits that have been pointed out countless times over and over again.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Maybe more people would go to the game if they could get real seats for cheap instead of sitting on grass.(assuming the seats in the bowled in south endzone would be cheaper than other seats)

Plus all the other benefits that have been pointed out countless times over and over again.

Yep. Better viewing angles, better seats, no cold, wet grass. In addition, you move the student section down there and those seats where theyre at can grab a higher amount.

hawkeyeh8r

Jun 10, 2010
Ames
Yep. Better viewing angles, better seats, no cold, wet grass. In addition, you move the student section down there and those seats where theyre at can grab a higher amount.

that would be stupid to move the student section. i might be biased since i am still a student but i dont see how that makes any sense. we are the closest section to where the team goes on and off the field (except when they run out of the tunnel), this gets us close to the players and pumps us up and we make more noise. why would put us on the far end and act like we arent an important part of the crowd. and 2nd, who's gonna start the CYCLONE....POWER chant if they move us to the south side....sure isnt gonna be the adults that would sit there instead.

UNIGuy4Cy

Nov 11, 2009
Step 1: Keep Rhoads happy
Step 2: Rhoads wants the conference area/office space
Step 3: South Endzone

How can you help? But a damn ticket and be apart of the "team"

gwoodclone

Jul 11, 2007
With the new videoboard we're getting and two decks bowled in the South Endzone, JTS goes from bottom of the conference stadium to one that looks like it belongs in a BCS conference. Part of me wants that selfishly, because JTS will look awesome after all this is done. But it will also help our program with recruiting when our stadium looks more like a Big 12 stadium than a MAC stadium.

And if Rhoads is able to continue to win and we have a sustained run of good seasons, then the fans will come. Those seats won't be empty anymore. Assuming the upper-deck in the south endzone takes us up to around 60k, we would be hanging out with Tech and OSU around 5th through 7th in the new Big12(-2) in capacity.

GoShow97

Oct 18, 2006
homeless
Thankfully the powers that be realize that under the current situation spending limited dollars to bowl in JTF is not a good use of these funds and that these funds are better spent on other itmes. When the upper deck corners remain empty there is no need to waste money turning grass into aluminum for the sake of a few fans egos fealing better. Thanksfully the powers that be at ISU are smart enough to realize this.

UNIGuy4Cy

Nov 11, 2009
With the new videoboard we're getting and two decks bowled in the South Endzone, JTS goes from bottom of the conference stadium to one that looks like it belongs in a BCS conference. Part of me wants that selfishly, because JTS will look awesome after all this is done. But it will also help our program with recruiting when our stadium looks more like a Big 12 stadium than a MAC stadium.

And if Rhoads is able to continue to win and we have a sustained run of good seasons, then the fans will come. Those seats won't be empty anymore. Assuming the upper-deck in the south endzone takes us up to around 60k, we would be hanging out with Tech and OSU around 5th through 7th in the new Big12(-2) in capacity.
Have you been to Manhatten, Lawrence, Waco, or Lubbock? ISU is right on par with these stadiums.