It just keeps getting worse for the Pack!

isugcs

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 21, 2007
Waverly
I just hope Rodgers is back for next week, I really need him for my fantasy team right now :(

jtd9046

Dec 20, 2006
Chicago

CycloneGB

Jul 20, 2010
Lot of hope and hype for this season sure went down the tubes quick.. I don't see how they can overcome this many injuries.. Might be hard pressed to get to .500

I don't remember many other teams in recent history that had this many significant injuries pile up in one season..

jtd9046

Dec 20, 2006
Chicago
Rodgers was back at practice today. No word on if he's been cleared for the game, but he's at least been cleared for practice which cannot be a bad sign.

Assessing the Packers' future - NFC North Blog - ESPN

THE LONGEST WEEK 6 INJURY LIST YOU'LL EVER SEE
A rundown of the significant injuries in Green Bay already this season:

Player - Comments
LB Nick Barnett - Likely out for season
S Atari Bigby - On PUP list
S Morgan Burnett - Out for season
LB Brandon Chillar - Has missed two weeks
TE Jermichael Finley - Likely out for season
DL Justin Harrell - Out for season
CB Al Harris - On PUP list
TE Donald Lee - Likely to miss a game or more
RB Ryan Grant - Out for season
S Derrick Martin - Out for season
LB Clay Matthews - Sunday status uncertain
DL Ryan Pickett - Sunday status uncertain
QB Aaron Rodgers - Sunday status uncertain
CB Sam Shields - Has missed two games
RT Mark Tauscher - In midst of 2-4 week absence

Bubbahotep

Jul 23, 2008
Des Moines
Actually, the team that scares me the most in the North is Detroit. I think last week showed them they can win, and win convincingly. And no one can be considered a long shot to make the playoffs, while no one is a definite shoe in, although Atlanta and New York seem to be the cream of the crop right now. Green Bay ain't out of it, but if they have 2-3 more starters get injured for the rest of the season, they are done.

MrGreg

Oct 18, 2006
Actually, the team that scares me the most in the North is Detroit. I think last week showed them they can win, and win convincingly. And no one can be considered a long shot to make the playoffs, while no one is a definite shoe in, although Atlanta and New York seem to be the cream of the crop right now. Green Bay ain't out of it, but if they have 2-3 more starters get injured for the rest of the season, they are done.

The division is certainly up in the air. I don't think the Bears can keep winning at this pace. The Vikings and Lions will need to start winning a few games if they want a shot at the division, otherwise it's going to between the Bears and Packers.

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
RaAhBBk4Tjk9uc74TkOx0pmoo1_500.jpg

"It was the best of times, it was the blurst of times? Bah! Stupid monkey!"

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Maybe he meant it just keeps getting wurst for the pack? Like since they're in Wisconsin they keep eating bratwurst and they're getting tired of it.

I wonder if the Packers would consider picking up Shawne Merriman. He should be released any day now and is a 3-4 MLB that could easily take Barnett's place.

mcblogerson

Jan 19, 2009
Ohio
Hey, it's just like what happened to the Bears last year. While I feel your pain, I couldn't be happier. How long before everyone else says the team is garbage and the coach should be fired?

jtd9046

Dec 20, 2006
Chicago
I wonder if the Packers would consider picking up Shawne Merriman. He should be released any day now and is a 3-4 MLB that could easily take Barnett's place.

Not a chance in hell with Ted Thompson.

General manager Ted Thompson prefers to develop his own backups and security blankets through the draft and by signing undrafted college players. It makes sense in the long term, especially when you realize that 19 of their 22 Week 1 starters were homegrown.

NFC North Blog - ESPN

jtd9046

Dec 20, 2006
Chicago
UNREAL. Add another linebacker with a serious injury.

LB Brad Jones is the Packers' latest injury - NFC North Blog - ESPN

Man alive. If you want to know why the Green Bay Packers suddenly added three new linebackers this week, well, you might not want to hear this. Another starter has suffered a serious injury.

Linebacker Brad Jones, who had perhaps his best game of the season last Sunday against the Minnesota Vikings, has what Packers coach Mike McCarthy termed a significant shoulder injury that will require surgery at some point. Jones is out for Sunday's game at the New York Jets, but it's not yet clear if he will miss the remainder of the season or if he will try to put off surgery.

Already, two linebackers -- Nick Barnett and Brady Poppinga -- are among the nine players the Packers have on injured reserve. As a result, the Packers signed claimed Diyral Briggs off waivers from Denver and signed free agents Matt Wilhelm and Erik Walden. All three will focus on special teams, while the Packers' presumed starters will be Clay Matthews, A.J. Hawk, Desmond Bishop and Frank Zombo.

I don't even know what to say anymore about the Packers' injury situation. Jones has had trouble staying on the field all season, but Sunday night he had six tackles and put the hit on Vikings quarterback Brett Favre that not only caused an interception but also resulted in two left foot fractures. The Packers' motto for this season needs to be "Next man up." Either that or, "Mercy."