Your best jab at UoI fans/homers?

4Cyclones

Sep 10, 2009
Ankeny
So I go camping quite abit with a couple Hok fans, and others, this past weekend. The 2 Hoks are much like alot of their fans: Cheer for Hoks, but either didn't go to college at all, or in this case, they both went to D3 or Comm Colleges. They had had a few friends stop by, and noticed there was 2 hok flags, along with my I-State flag. They said man, how do you do it? I just just said something to the tune of "yep 2 Hok fans, and one ISU Alum." Never heard another jab all weekend. I was very nice ! :yes:

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
The ****eyes have nothing to combat tavernhawk.

It would be nice if they would just accept their place in this state as little brother.

Last edited by a moderator:

edr247

Aug 4, 2010
The ****eyes have nothing to combat tavernhawk.

It would be nice if they would just accept their place in this state as little brother.

Wait...what?

Also, what does Ohio State have to do with this?

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
I would take jabs at the Hawk fans, but as soon as they ask me if I'd like fries with my burger all is forgiven for the time-being

rdubbs

Feb 12, 2009
Central Iowa
So I go camping quite abit with a couple Hok fans, and others, this past weekend. The 2 Hoks are much like alot of their fans: Cheer for Hoks, but either didn't go to college at all, or in this case, they both went to D3 or Comm Colleges. They had had a few friends stop by, and noticed there was 2 hok flags, along with my I-State flag. They said man, how do you do it? I just just said something to the tune of "yep 2 Hok fans, and one ISU Alum." Never heard another jab all weekend. I was very nice ! :yes:

Way to go bad***. :smile:

RyCy04

Sep 26, 2007
Omaha, NE
I love the Clones but:
A) Having fans that did not attend said school just proves that you have a larger fanbase
B) Generalizing a fanbase is stupid. There are ******* fans for every team. It is just the fact that if a fanbase is large, you have a better chance at running into the mentioned ********.

Reactions: rdubbs

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
My girlfriend went to Iowa and I don't even have to fight her on the differences in fan base. We recently had a trip to Austin/San Antonio staying in very nice hotels (comped from work), visiting the riverwalk, alamo, 6th st, etc. I received multiple shout outs from Cyclone fans, she got 0 on her Iowa apparel.

The day we get home, we are driving through a small town Casey's in SW Iowa where the cashier looks like she had not showered or been to the dentist in years. As we walk out she notices IOWA written on my girlfriends shorts and yells out GO HAWKS!

All i had to do was look at her and smile. I never even have to make fun of the hawks fans, they do it themselves.

Last edited:
Reactions: ianoconnor

edr247

Aug 4, 2010

weR138

Feb 20, 2008

A buddy of mine went to (played football at) Merchant Marine Academy. It, like many many D III schools is outstanding (is Grinnell? Drake?). I agree that the douchiest hawk fans are non grads but let's not disrespect any colleges.*

* disrespecting that joke in Lincoln is always acceptable

rdubbs

Feb 12, 2009
Central Iowa
I love the Clones but:
A) Having fans that did not attend said school just proves that you have a larger fanbase
B) Generalizing a fanbase is stupid. There are ******* fans for every team. It is just the fact that if a fanbase is large, you have a better chance at running into the mentioned ********.

Agreed.

tube1

Oct 19, 2006
I pay them in pennies when they deliver my pizza. A good portion of them Canadian.

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
play the ISU fight song on the jukebox at a bar and listen to the ISU fans sing. Then listen to what happens when an Iowa fan plays the fight song and says he just likes the music part.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
One thing that drives me NUTS is when Hawk fans start their fight song with, "We're gunna fight, fight, fight for Iowa..." Really? I'm not a Hawk fan in the least but I know the song starts off with, "The word is fight...." "Oh, but I know the beer song, so thats ok."

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
i've told several Iowa fans they can't talk any trash until they learn the words to their fight song. That the last i ever hear from them.

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
play the ISU fight song on the jukebox at a bar and listen to the ISU fans sing. Then listen to what happens when an Iowa fan plays the fight song and says he just likes the music part.

NICE!! So freaking true. Again, didn't go there. (Weird.) God, I hate the U of I's tavernhok fans.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron