Phil Steele Homerism

TheHelgo

Mar 20, 2006
honestly, picking CU football to surprise on the upside is very similar to when some media/big XII coaches were picking ISU basketball to surprise to the upside. they assume that at some point the coach will 'get his system in place' and live up to performance at previous job. it just isn't going to happen.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
From my viewpoint Nebraska is the class of the B12 north, and the other 5 teams are pretty much equal. ( I really don't see MU as a lock for second) CU could finish anywhere from 2 to 6, that is how equal the remaining teams are. It really comes down to which team has the least injuries and has the most surprise players. In terms of coaching, I think the CU coach has the greatest ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, so they have that going for them.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
At least he gave some rationalization by saying he thought the CU O-Line would be improved.

What does he do on days when two of his Most improved teams play each other?

Cal plays Colorado in the second game of the year. I have a feeling his Cal prediction will be better than his CU prediction.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
At least he gave some rationalization by saying he thought the CU O-Line would be improved.

What does he do on days when two of his Most improved teams play each other?

Cal plays Colorado in the second game of the year. I have a feeling his Cal prediction will be better than his CU prediction.

Hmmmm, tie with polo is always a fashion statement. :eek:

Madclone1

Oct 21, 2007
honestly, picking CU football to surprise on the upside is very similar to when some media/big XII coaches were picking ISU basketball to surprise to the upside. they assume that at some point the coach will 'get his system in place' and live up to performance at previous job. it just isn't going to happen.

Think $$$$$ . . . where he will sell the most magazines? Taint going to be in Iowa.

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
From my viewpoint Nebraska is the class of the B12 north, and the other 5 teams are pretty much equal. ( I really don't see MU as a lock for second) CU could finish anywhere from 2 to 6, that is how equal the remaining teams are. It really comes down to which team has the least injuries and has the most surprise players. In terms of coaching, I think the CU coach has the greatest ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, so they have that going for them.
I agree completely. We will need to do all the little things to win, as the north teams appear very similar. As always winning the turnover battle is big.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron