Cameron Bell (Northern Illinois)

jj-cyclones

Dec 26, 2007
Ames
Remember Cameron Bell?

He switched to linebacker when he played for isu and transferred to Northern Illinois and is now listed as a RB.

The reason I bring it up is because I was listening to matt and miller podcast at the big 12 media days and they said he will NOT play in the iowa state/northern illinois game.

Matt kinda gave a laugh when he said he would not be playing (making fun of him) meaning he was not wanting to play vs isu or some other reason...Matt confirmed it was not an injury...

Kind of a wierd story if you ask me...

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
There aren't many reasons that he wouldn't be playing in this game. The big one that comes to mind is a suspension due to some sort of disciplinary reason. I figure we would have heard about it by now if it were true, though.

It could also just be one of Matt's media friends from the Northern Illinois area po' boyin' it, too, and he could end up starting the damn game.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
I heard it was a stipulation of him being released to transfer to NIU, that he not play in the ISU game. Remember, we generally don't release transfers to schools on our schedule.

pyrocyz

Jun 2, 2006
Ames
I heard it was a stipulation of him being released to transfer to NIU, that he not play in the ISU game. Remember, we generally don't release transfers to schools on our schedule.

This is what I thought when I heard it as well.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA

Can't remember his name for sure, but a few years ago we played against a former player of ours after he had transferred to Illinois State. I believe he was also a running back.

bigcyfan82

Aug 30, 2008
Des Moines
How can we limit him playing in a game for another school in a game against us? I have a tough time believing that the NCAA allows those types of stipulations to be made.

pyrocyz

Jun 2, 2006
Ames
I doubt that as well...but until i hear otherwise...

When you release a player from their letter of intent, you have the right to make stipulations about where he/she can go.

It is typical practice to not allow a player to transfer to a school that is on your schedule. I have never heard of a player transferring to a team and sitting out a game because of this but it makes sense.

jj-cyclones

Dec 26, 2007
Ames
When you release a player from their letter of intent, you have the right to make stipulations about where he/she can go.

It is typical practice to not allow a player to transfer to a school that is on your schedule. I have never heard of a player transferring to a team and sitting out a game because of this but it makes sense.

Agreed, I am aware of that but it just seems a little crazy that they would allow the transfer and then make him sit out that game...I mean it would make sense to transfer to that school if that was the case...

CycoCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2009
Urbandale
I talked to Cameron at one of the last spring games he attended (in street clothes)

He had a lot of positive things to say about ISU, but that Chiz really wanted him at LB and NIU would let him carry the ball.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
I talked to Cameron at one of the last spring games he attended (in street clothes)

He had a lot of positive things to say about ISU, but that Chiz really wanted him at LB and NIU would let him carry the ball.

He also fell out of favor with Chiz as well. That went along with him not being able to play RB. He was a good guy though for sure.

jj-cyclones

Dec 26, 2007
Ames

He was a monster! He would have been a good LB, but I see why he wanted out...

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron