Not so fast my firend...

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
So Texas and A&M are meeting to save the conference?

Not Texas, A&M, ISU, KU, KSU .. and whomever the hell is left

That probably tells us all we need to know.

CycloneWarning

Jan 14, 2008
Officials Scrambling to Save Big 12, Which May Lose 2 Teams - NYTimes.com

The link above states that the meeting tomorrow between atm and Texas may not be to decide how to leave. It may be to try and save the conference.

I doubt it, but hey, why not throw some more meaningless **** at the wall.

This is the part I still don't understand. OK - NU may have called UT's bluff to go nuclear on the Big 12, but why would UT follow through with Pac 10? Makes no sense. They are the big dog and can rebuild the Big 12.

Believe me, instead of arguing about revenue sharing, JP and other north schools will swallow the gravy to let some more teams in and take revenue sharing off the table.

I would love it if Big 10 went with a phased in expansion and just took NU for now. I will be standing at JTS next year with the biggest FU sign to NU, and an even bigger FU, LOL sign for Missouri.

UT has the ability to keep this together and get the Big 12 on a path to be 16 teams itself if they want with them as kingpin. UT is arguably THE premiere athletic program in the US. They can easily figure out a way to make this work.

And ISU and JP should be willing to carry UT's jockstrap to make it happen. The alternative is an abyss.

cytheguy

May 23, 2006
Personally, I think this is all for show. More of a PR move. Make themselves look like they fought tooth and nail to save the league. Then again, anything's possible I guess.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
With all the stuff flying around, it's pretty hard to figure out what's been posted already.

I can't even figure out what country we'll be playing in at this point.

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
This is why I think this is all crap..

SO Nebraska leaves? Your telling me that ruins the conference?

Add BYU and Utah to the South. Then move OU to the North and add Boise State.

Then you could add more to get to 16 if needed. I am pretty drunk right now though.

Reactions: wonkadog

UNIGuy4Cy

Nov 11, 2009
I think they have offers from both the SEC and the PAC 10 according to several stories I have read, may be deciding between the two.