Kent Sate $5 hillside ticket RUMOR

Status
Not open for further replies.

avery_larry

May 9, 2006
Ames
I heard the rumor that hillside tickets for Kent State will be $5 for walkups. Anyone know anything or is that just terrible rumor mongering?

(And if it is just terrible rumor mongering, then please have a moderator delete this thread.)

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I would imagine it's rumor mongering, simply because moves like that tend to really **** people off who paid 40 bucks for them the day before and it encourages people to just wait until the last day to buy tickets. I think Jamie is smarter than that.

avery_larry

May 9, 2006
Ames
Didn't he sell Colorado tickets for $10 a day or so before the game? "Pack the Jack" or something. Nobody minded because everyone know that a big crowd could help get us a win (and it did if I remember right). I could see him wanting a huge crowd for the 1st game of the Chizik era. I can also see him wanting to get more families interested (which is one of the biggest reasons for a Thursday night game anyway) so next year they'll turn into season ticket buyers.

But I agree that it's not particularly likely.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Well if they are going to do it, it needs to be done now. That way it will get on the nightly news tonight and give people time to plan. So if we don't hear anything in the next 1hr 24 min, my guess is it is just a rumor.

Skyh13

Mar 17, 2006
You would think they already would have announced it if that were the case, considering the game is tomorrow...

Status
Not open for further replies.