Recruit Update

ISUclones33

Nov 26, 2006
Got the opportunity to talk to recruit KJ Williams out of Normal Ok. he told me that he likes the coaches up here and that ISU is on the top of his list right now. He also likes TAMU but had praise for ISU, so lets hope Chiz can pull this guy, he is a beast. But i wouldnt expect a decision too soon. Just a tid bit

KMAC_ATTACK

Feb 20, 2007
Waterloo
ISUclones33 - Its always great to hear your insight 33 - That is some great news, i had discussed this earlier and ended with a blob about KJ:

From the efforts of our recruiting, DE must have been considered a weak spot. The coaches realize the area our team needed the biggest upgrades in were Offensive and Defensive Lines, we need a few stud DT's though.

The coaches must realize the easiest way to make your defense better instantly - GET PRESSURE ON THE QB. Any QB will make mistakes when they given little time to read the coverage and find the open receivers. Thats why our defense was 10th in sacks and last in interceptions and our opponents had the highest completion percentage in the big 12. Our DB's will look a lot better when the opponents QB has to make split second judgements, rather then what we indured last year as the qb's would go back to pass and you could count the time it took to get pressure on a sun dial.

Com'on Chiz and Staff get that commit from KJ Williams - you still need 2 commits to make my prediction come true 3 this week!!!!!!

Thanks for the info

KMAC

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
KJ is a beast! No way he would ever redshirt and he would get great minutes right away. He was #1 on my list of wish list. If we could pull him outta OK, i dont know what id do.

bmuff

Apr 7, 2006
The staff has two DE commits already, but they're in on two big-name DEs in Williams and Moore. I wonder if they are thinking about growing 1-2 into DTs.

bootcy

Apr 12, 2006
Waukee
Moore is already 270 pounds and could easily be moved inside. Chizik is has also been big on depth on the lines and the more big D-Linemen the better. KJ also plays TE and could be used there as well.

ISUclones33

Nov 26, 2006
KJ is somewhat star struck right now, he wants his foot in evey schools door, but he told me in all honesty right now its Iowa State and TAMU, the only down fall of him is that his GPA is only 2.60 and that is what i think is making some schools shy away from him at the moment. But none the less great to hear him say, ISU is at the top of my list.

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
Moore is already 270 pounds and could easily be moved inside. Chizik is has also been big on depth on the lines and the more big D-Linemen the better. KJ also plays TE and could be used there as well.

I don't think Iowa State fans understand what it means to have defensive depth. When only 12 or 13 guys see the field during a whole game, that is a problem. That was one of my major beefs with DMAC and Skladany I guess. You've got subs, use them. Can you honestly say that subbing in a few plays here in there is really going to be a catestrophic mistake? Boy did that bug me. That and the fact that I could predict way too many plays on offense.