Official "2nd Day Stuck at Home" Thread

cyclonesurveyor

Jan 26, 2009
Fort Collins, CO
yesterday was due to all the snow and Des Moines having cancelled classes. Our kids daycare is closed when Des Moines Schools are. They cancelled again today and my wife works closer to home so she went to work.

don't want to take the kiddies outside when the wind chill is so bad. anymore disney channel and my head might explode. can only look at the internet so long. and my wife cookies yeterday and they are almost gone. anybody else stuck today?

Reactions: TarHeelHawk

4VR4CY

Aug 28, 2007
Ankeny, IA
I'm staying home today as the 30 mile drive isn't worth me ending up in the ditch in -15 degree windchill. Rather be safe than sorry. And I have plenty of sick/vacation time to cover it.

clone2011

Dec 11, 2007
I would have gone crazy if ISU closed again today. At least living in campustown I was able to walk to the bar yesterday, but other than that I couldn't go anywhere.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
I'm the only one in my office today. I have the benefit of only living less than 2 miles from my office.

Nov 23, 2008
Norwalk via Marshalltown
Made the attempt to get to downtown DM from Norwalk. Left home, got onto a street near my house, wasn't even going fast, lost control of my escape, almost hit somebody head on, saved it from going into the ditch. Said screw this and went back home.

guitarchitect7

Oct 8, 2006
www.chrisboeke.com
I actually managed to make it to work yesterday while the wife stayed home with the kid. Got an email at 4:00 yesterday from the school stating they wouldn't be open again today, so guess who has to stay home today...ME! Sesame Street is already getting on my nerves, might have to look for a movie or two.

jay moe

Apr 10, 2006
southern iowa
This is the 3rd day at home for me, school cancelled again. Only problem is that we will probably have to go into June before school is out. It is just too early to be missing school because I can about guarantee we will miss some in Jan. and Feb.

cyclonesurveyor

Jan 26, 2009
Fort Collins, CO
I actually managed to make it to work yesterday while the wife stayed home with the kid. Got an email at 4:00 yesterday from the school stating they wouldn't be open again today, so guess who has to stay home today...ME! Sesame Street is already getting on my nerves, might have to look for a movie or two.

ha ha, did not see that. movies are not that better here, unless you want to watch Cars for the 16894th time. ka-chow.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
I really need to bite the bullet and get some dedicated snow tires/rims. 215/45YR18 "summer tires" on my car are a complete joke. I have to plan every move about a mile ahead. My traction control is lit up about 99% of the time and my stability control sounds like it's running calculations for the space shuttle.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
I really need to bite the bullet and get some dedicated snow tires/rims. 215/45YR18 "summer tires" on my car are a complete joke. I have to plan every move about a mile ahead. My traction control is lit up about 99% of the time and my stability control sounds like it's running calculations for the space shuttle.

Dude. Stay the hell off of the snow with those! I just ordered a new set of steelies and snow tires from Tirerack and with shipping it cost ~$635. Here is a pic of what they'll look like....
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3494/3200345655_62356cbe68.jpg?v=0

PM me if you want sizes, etc.

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
yesterday was due to all the snow and Des Moines having cancelled classes. Our kids daycare is closed when Des Moines Schools are. They cancelled again today and my wife works closer to home so she went to work.

don't want to take the kiddies outside when the wind chill is so bad. anymore disney channel and my head might explode. can only look at the internet so long. and my wife cookies yeterday and they are almost gone. anybody else stuck today?

I would check out Sid the Science Kid on PBS. CR schools cancelled again, but luckily i could get out. wife only works weekends anyway. I expect an awesome dinner tonight woman!! :jimlad: