Who are you thinking of voting for in 2008?

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
I think both parties have their heads up their behinds.

That is sooooo true! IMO there are no republicans and democrats anymore...there are only politicians.

I really hope someone comes along and is different...maybe Rudy or Mit Romney. Obama is a really nice breath of fresh air and if his ideas and ideals even 50% matched mine, I would vote for him in a heartbeat...unfortunately we are too far apart in the political spectrum.

Fiscal responsibility is my number 1 issue and Rudy and Romney both take a great stance on the issue.

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
I am going with the strategy I saw on a bumper sticker:

ANYONE BUT HILLARY

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Chuck Norris,

The country would function perfectly out of fear.

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
I am not sure who I will vot for yet. DEFINITELY WON'T BE A DEMOCRAT though - and I would take Bush over any of the liberal candidates hands down. debacle my ***

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
I'm a registered democrat, but after all the bad buzz I've been hearing about Obama, I'm not so sure about him anymore. I'll wait until the primaries roll around, but right now I like either Edwards or McCain. Mitt Romney seems like a likely candidate, too.

If it's Gulliani vs. Clinton, though, I'm voting Master Splinter, for sure! :biggrin9gp:

Master Splinter gets my vote in a McCain/Clinton battle. Because I would rather elect a rat that kicks a$$ than either one of those two. Hell, maybe an asskicking rat would be better than any politician. :yes4lo:

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
I am definately a strong conservative, but I do like Biden's plan for Iraq.

Divide it up and let the chips fall where they may. Set up a few bases in the Kurdish controlled area and dispatch out of there is we need to go into Iran for some reason or if Al Queda starts to run the show in Iraq.

jparker22

May 1, 2006
Ames
I am am not sure exactly who I will vote for yet. DEFINITELY A DEMOCRAT though - how can you vote republican after the debacle of the bush administration?!?:sad9cd:

This saddens me... Have a reason to vote for a canidate please. Not voting for a GOP canidate b/c of GW is like someone hating you b/c one of your cousins irritates them. Silly.

Party line voting is ignorant and only serves to bolster the 2 party system. If you want to vote against the Republicans then chose a good 3rd party canidate so that they can gain a large enough percentage of the vote to gain equal government funding in future elections. Just please do not throw your vote away on an uneducated bias.

Hope everyone on this board is registered if not do so before you go to sleep tonight!

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I am not sure who I will vot for yet. DEFINITELY WON'T BE A DEMOCRAT though - and I would take Bush over any of the liberal candidates hands down. debacle my ***

Bush is the reason my mom makes less money than she used to as a teacher and that my fiance is havin such a hard time finding a job in education. I don't mind some of his other issues, but I cannot handle another four years of the education system we have. We put all stock into standardized testing rather than the students.

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
Bush is the reason my mom makes less money than she used to as a teacher and that my fiance is havin such a hard time finding a job in education. I don't mind some of his other issues, but I cannot handle another four years of the education system we have. We put all stock into standardized testing rather than the students.

Gotta love that schools have to bribe students to try hard on the standardized tests. And even that doesn't work. There are enough students out there that just won't put the effort in to do well on the standardized tests. That includes studying and trying while actually taking the test. There is no consequences for a student taking the test, so you're going to get a number of students that just try to get done fast or make pretty pictures on the answer sheet.

Also you've got schools that just keep passing kids along when they should be held back. Maybe a student should retake a grade for good reasons, but you better watch out, that just means that the school isn't doing its job.

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee

That is a problem that I will agree with you on 100%. I'm not big into politics at all, actually politics is like wiping your backside, it has to be done but there is many, MANY more things I would rather be doing.

Is that a problem that can be blamed on GW totally?

joepublic

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
The testing in education is designed to improve accountability which to me is a good thing. But the problems in education are so pervasive: parents who ruin their kids' lives, teachers unions, teaching to the test, ad naseum. Public education is a mess and it can't be fixed. My niece teaches in an urban environment, fifth grade, and she has four fifth graders who are already sexually active. And that's the good news.

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA

Bush has had the unemployment rate below 5% forever now. I heard a study the other day that 40% of teachers left the profession before working 5 years - should be a lot of jobs.

The unionized teachers and government controlled education is bad for everybody.

The product sucks, hence we have to drive change and standarized tests are one way of doing so.

Kyle

Mar 30, 2006
I agree with you there! Maybe we could get rid of some of the wonderful things in our judicial system, such as:

Promoting the rights of criminals, sometimes at the expense of victims

Allowing ridiculously high awards for lawsuits, resulting in skyrocketing health care and insurance costs.

Permitting congress to completely disregard their constitutional boundaries.
1. Just what rights would you modify?

2. One of the primary limits on punitive damages came from the supreme court, in a bit of a reaching decision IMO. The medical malpractice claims I assume you are referring to are also state law claims, meaning the federal government is not likely to have much if any impact. I think this sentiment is also largely a by-product of the insurance industry, who have worked hard to get this sentiment out there. I also have to ask what you would do if your doctor thoroughly screwed something up that would affect you for the rest of your life. My dad shared your sentiments too until he was misdiagnosed with cancer. Fortunately he got a second opinion from someone who knew what they were doing an no harm was done, aside from the thousands of dollars spent on additional testing.

3. I can guess, but I'm curious which boundaries you are talking about.

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
My niece teaches in an urban environment, fifth grade, and she has four fifth graders who are already sexually active. And that's the good news.

That's the good news??????? With three girls 7, 4, and 2, that is NOT what I would consider good news. PLEASE tell me it don't get any worse..:frown3qg:

PLEASE....................:sad9cd:

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
Bush has had the unemployment rate below 5% forever now. I heard a study the other day that 40% of teachers left the profession before working 5 years - should be a lot of jobs.

The unionized teachers and government controlled education is bad for everybody.

The product sucks, hence we have to drive change and standarized tests are one way of doing so.

Students would have to give full effort for standardized tests to have a chance to work. They don't. No one likes to take tests and there are a lot of students that just don't try on the standardized tests since their is no consequence if they do poorly.

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
NO McCain....the guy has some issues, no backbone and a short fuse. The GOP needs some fresh blood, the past 8 years have tarnished the party.

If Clinton wins, I am moving to Canada.

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
Students would have to give full effort for standardized tests to have a chance to work. They don't. No one likes to take tests and there are a lot of students that just don't try on the standardized tests since their is no consequence if they do poorly.

Isn't failure a consequence? If they can't pass the tests, the sure as heck should be passing the regular subjects - the tests are just meant to be basic information.

McDonalds is a consequnece, welfare, homelessness. Gotta make the grades to earn the cash.