Blank CDs, which brand is the best?

clonomaniac

Apr 12, 2006
St Louis, MO
I am buying a 50 pack by the end of today. I need to make a few CDs from the collection of music that I have in order to play them tomorrow at the club. I have had horrible luck in the past with brands like HP and Memorax. Can anyone tell me which brand I should go with and if you had any experience with them? Thanks!

cytech

Apr 10, 2006
Hiawatha, Iowa
verbatum are the ones sams club has in the 100 pack and they work fine for me. I have never really heard of one brand being the best though so not sure what to say to that.

If you are having bad luck with more than one brand of disc it could be your burner that is the problem and not the discs.....

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
verbatum are the ones sams club has in the 100 pack and they work fine for me. I have never really heard of one brand being the best though so not sure what to say to that.

If you are having bad luck with more than one brand of disc it could be your burner that is the problem and not the discs.....

I agree with this.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
For something like music? Just buy the cheapest you can find. Even if you get a few bad ones in the bunch they only cost about $.20/each.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
I buy a lot of DVD+R...and I've always used Memorex and had little to no problems. That being said, I'm sure their quality of CD+R are just as good

conmebol

Apr 11, 2006
Taiyo Yuden seemed to be the best for me, they are under several brand fuji, TDK, maxell. Make sure the packaging says made in japan.

Tarbox

Jan 3, 2008
Boulder, CO
www.kccq.com
I sent one of my interns out one day to get Read-Only Blank CDR's and told her not to come back until she had some...it was a radio emergency and we had to have them...we were out....

CyTom

Mar 30, 2006
Des Moines
Don't buy Sony if you're going to leave them in the car as the top part melts. Fuji, Verbatim, and Maxell have all worked well and held up to the heat of my car just fine.

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
I've been told by people who should know,they are all the same.
I've not had a lot of problems with any particular brand, but they are NOT all the same. I've seen tests done online on sites like cdfreaks.com. I can say without hesitation, however, I've NEVER had a problem with a Verbatim product. I remember when rewritable dual layer discs were relatively new I burned a lot of "coasters" with other brands, but Verbatim never let me down.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron